Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just been watching survivor series 97 after reading Titan screwed. I was wondering if Hebner had refused to do it and had been fired would he have managed to get a job in wcw like some Jim and Davey did (as a ref of course) as his justification was mainly about keeping his job?

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members

Hebner, I think the guys name is. He'd have been killed if he went for a job in WCW with all the Harts there,

If he hadn't done the screw-job, I'm not sure. Probably would have got some role in WCW. Earl Hebner was a big-name referee. Got to know the inner-workings of the WWF.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Not to mention that Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins and Wyatt have been featured in the marquay Wrestlemania matches the past couple of years. Two of which have ended the show holding the title after the main event. A wee bit more claim to being stars than Swagger.

I get your points but I still don't think any of them are really stars. They've done nothing of note with Bray's character in forever, Reigns' push was laughable and Ambrose and Rollins haven't been great IMO. I read something recently about Meltzer saying Reigns doesn't make any difference to house show tickets, and he's been their #1 guy.

My initial point is that at the time of the EC 2014 it looked as though most of them would be doing a lot better than they are.

It's cool if you think they're all proper stars. I don't and that's probably why current WWE isn't for me.

I think all three members of the Shield and Bray are proper stars, but I get where you are coming from in that I was expecting a bit more. Expectations had been set really high coming out of that match

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

I think at the time of that match it seemed that Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins and Wyatt were going to be huge stars that brought in a whole new fresh exciting era and along with the rise of Daniel Bryan it felt like a very optimistic time. All four while now proper singles stars have been a disappointment however. It doesn't feel like any rose to their potential.

Edited by LaGoosh

Big Show planning to retire some time next year.

Is it too simple to say he'll get beat by Shaq at WrestleMania and retire out of embarrassment? 

For All he has done I would hope he would end a 20 year Career on a bit of a higher note then being Embarrased at a loss to a former Basetball player, I know he gets a bit of stick around places but he deserves a better send off then that

I agree but would still like him to lose to Shaq, just not retire because of it.

Have people laugh at him for getting beat by an ex basketball player and that in turn makes him want to prove he can still hack it with the best. So he goes on a tear through the RAW roster from WrestleMania to say SummerSlam, where he finally wins the Universal Title. Then, the following night, have him retire on top of the world. His debut match in WCW he won the belt, his final match in WWE he won the belt. And then set up a tournament to crown the new RAW champion.