Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

What a cacophony, I love it, that horn going all the way through is brutal. Divas music is hilarious, I'm still more likely to find myself singing one of the Bellas, Naomi or Paige's music over most of the guys.

This one didn't have much going for it though.

https://youtu.be/ZnNE_jZ9Gxc

• Paid Members

It's all about The Bashams for me in the so bad it's good stakes. Finest memory is me and my mate using one of them youtube dubbers to have it sync perfectly over a cillit bang advert.

It's all about The Bashams for me in the so bad it's good stakes. Finest memory is me and my mate using one of them youtube dubbers to have it sync perfectly over a cillit bang advert.

I can't tell you how much my girlfriend loves that damn cillit bang thing, by the way.

Basham's Kill Bill ripoff was funny. As was "SOD" on the tights. Candice's theme was fucking brutal. Victoria's "GO GO GO GO" theme is another blinder.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Anyone care to reveal who this is?

If it's nobody then it's a pretty miserable conversation starter at the dinner party. I'm not sure are my looking at a real human being or some shared consensual hallucination cobbled together from the primordial soup of all of the UKFFs blurb on the book reviews of what a cunt wrestling fan is.

'Haha what a douchebag' I guess.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I watched Sting: Into The Light last night on the Network and generally thought it was bollocks. They spent about half the documentary on his signing to WWE and the 'mania match. Really irked me when Vince shook Sting's hand backstage before his Wrestlemania match and said something along the lines of "enjoy it out there. Well done, you've worked hard to get to this point" like he was some kind of rookie. 

I didn't even realise that had been added. I saw the preview when the DVD was being released but hadn't got round to actually getting it.Might check it out one day this week.

You've got to remember, WWE wanted people to think he'd been doing call centre work since WCW folded, so it was always going to be slightly lopsided. Plus they've done The Monday Night Wars to death so maybe come at the documentary at a different angle rather than the usual he did this, then this happened etc.

Heard a lotta hate for that line from vince, when I seen it it came across more as vince bigging up that wrestlemania is the pinnacle and that strong should enjoy it, than making him feel like a shit arse

Edited by Louch

When did audience cynicism become endemic in WWE?

I've been watching a few bits on the network recently, most notably Wrestlemania 19 today.

54,000 fans, presumably intelligent to some level, and they were pretty much into everything. They popped for the house band for the evening, Limp Bizkit, when you can pretty much guarantee these days that all outside guests will get shat on. They even were into the weird segment with the Miller Light catfight girls (Jesus, the worlds changed in 13 years, hasn't it?).

It made for a much more engaged viewing experience, if nothing else.

It started when kids who liked John Cena got on the Internet to talk about John Cena and found out they're not allowed to like John Cena (or WWE). They got warped by us moany cunts. It wasn't endemic until WWE started encouraging it more and more in the last few years though, with the Ice Cream Phil gimmick and Rock vs Cena and especially the Authority storyline.

Nah that's just you being a weirdo and entirely wrong, (like whenever you try to troll people on this subject.)

It started when the young aggressive Cena was taken off the pre taped Smackdown, had his gimmick dulled down and was shown up by Christian. He was then pushed over people far more talented than himself. Cena grew into the role and become a genuine headliner, but for a long time he was pretty average.

It didn't begin to effect the rest of the show until WWE refused to create new stars and relied on part timers to carry the one important show of the year. Now there isn't much of a reason to care about anyone or anything.

• Paid Members

I think it's just become endemic to society. The Twitter generation that can set out and abuse celebrity at any given point.

It's not just wrestling, although the type of person who may like wrestling would probably be of that ilk.

I think celebrity has gotten to the point now of over exposure, and people strive to find fault in it at any time. From the mocking of people wanting celeb fame on XFactor and Britain's Got Talent type shows. To watching celebs do idiotic things, I'm a celeb / celeb BB etc (and the US counterparts).

The whole idea now is to see celebrities fail whilst we berate them with vitriol.

Force someone down our throats? Fuck you ... boo!

Make us listen to a shit pop act no one really likes? Bollocks to that ... boo!

Won't let cream (or what we think is cream) rise to the top? You wankers ... boo!

Society has changed, and the wrestling audience is a very clear example of that happening.

Edited by Teedy Kay

When did audience cynicism become endemic in WWE?

I've been watching a few bits on the network recently, most notably Wrestlemania 19 today.

54,000 fans, presumably intelligent to some level, and they were pretty much into everything. They popped for the house band for the evening, Limp Bizkit, when you can pretty much guarantee these days that all outside guests will get shat on. They even were into the weird segment with the Miller Light catfight girls (Jesus, the worlds changed in 13 years, hasn't it?).

It made for a much more engaged viewing experience, if nothing else.

I was there, I was 19, a pervert and I liked Limp Bizkit. So that explains it really.

The guy two seats over from me caught the Rocks elbow pad. I've never got over that.