Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Is there an odder decision in WWE history than John Studd winning the 1989 Royal Rumble? With Hogan and Savage going out it could have been a star making win for someone. It seems mental that the Ultimate Warrior got thrown out with little fanfare. He could have won it and enhanced his reputation. Obviously it wasn't as big a deal then as it is now but they could easily have made it one.

• Paid Members

Studd and Andre were going to do a house show program for the next few months, and they needed to re-establish him. Because the first Andre vs Studd run was massive, so with roles reversed, they thought it was a must win. But both were so fucking knackered by that point, it didnt get off the ground. I think that was the run where Andre would fall asleep and shit himself every other night on the road.

I do like that DiBiase bought Slick's boys number. So that means DiBiase either drew 22 or 23 originally. That's a good number surely? He had such little confidence in himself he decided to buy a few numbers up from him?

I do like that DiBiase bought Slick's boys number. So that means DiBiase either drew 22 or 23 originally. That's a good number surely? He had such little confidence in himself he decided to buy a few numbers up from him?

Those two segments with DiBiase and Slick are just brilliant. Especially how OTT Slick is when Sean Mooney confronts him with the evidence.

I wonder if Donald Trump turns up on Raw again anytime soon to campaign. I'm sure Vince will let him as they're allegedly good friends. Plus WWE will do anything to get mainstream attention.

I dunno if WWE really wants to be associated with Trump at this point. Trump's making Hogan's racism look mild.

Also, I'm pretty sure that they'd legally have to offer all the other candidates the exact same amount of airtime as they give Trump. RAW's boring enough without it turning the into a full on politics show.

They actually had Obama, Clinton and McCain appear in pre-taped bits on Raw back in 2008.

• Paid Members

Those two segments with DiBiase and Slick are just brilliant. Especially how OTT Slick is when Sean Mooney confronts him with the evidence.

And the payoff a year later when DiBiase draws #1.

• Paid Members

I just watched Will Ospreay and Tom Dawkins - or their RetroFutureVerse equivalents, at least - have a really fucking great match and no-one who wasn't there will ever see it or hear about it. What an odd world we live in sometimes.