Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Dustin Rhodes is dead sound and his the biggest hands I've ever seen.

Any chance you've met Harley Race or Randy Orton?

They had big paws.

I've met Race and Dustin. Race had the firmest handshake ever, but the biggest paws award goes to Billy Gunn. Shovels I'm telling you!

I just watched 'Mansome' on Netflix, a documentary about well, just men in general featuring Paul Rudd, Judd Apatow, Jason Bateman and plenty of others talking about grooming products, what they feel being a man is etc etc....it was an alright watch. Half way through though I was very surprised to see a feature on Shawn Daivari as he spoke about his love of wrestling and it took us behind the scenes of TNA at the time I am assuming was gearing up for that 'All wheels' project as Jarrett was hanging around and the clips from TNA that were used were from 2010/11 when Daivari was no longer on the TNA roster....oh and then Daivari shaved his body and Colt Cabana shaved his arse for him.

I just watched 'Mansome' on Netflix, a documentary about well, just men in general featuring Paul Rudd, Judd Apatow, Jason Bateman and plenty of others talking about grooming products, what they feel being a man is etc etc....it was an alright watch. Half way through though I was very surprised to see a feature on Shawn Daivari as he spoke about his love of wrestling and it took us behind the scenes of TNA at the time I am assuming was gearing up for that 'All wheels' project as Jarrett was hanging around and the clips from TNA that were used were from 2010/11 when Daivari was no longer on the TNA roster....oh and then Daivari shaved his body and Colt Cabana shaved his arse for him.

I attended an Impact taping a few days before WrestleMania 27, and Daivari wrestled in the dark match (I think it was against Austin Aries). Borash announced that he was "making his return to the Impact Zone" so I kinda assumed it would for more than one match!

Ahh, that would be fitting actually as there were Lockdown 2011 posters around the place. Did Daivari work the match as a face too? Jarrett seemed to want him to drop the Sheik Abdul Bashir character and see if the fans could get behind him.

Ahh, that would be fitting actually as there were Lockdown 2011 posters around the place. Did Daivari work the match as a face too? Jarrett seemed to want him to drop the Sheik Abdul Bashir character and see if the fans could get behind him.

I'm sure he worked as a face - he definitely didn't work as Sheik. Think he was introduced as Shaun Daivari.

• Paid Members

According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know), Bret Hart had quite a big scene as a "Prisoner" deleted from "Natural Born Killers" in 1994. Seems really odd to me, if true.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Random thought I had: a Norwegian guy I know called Erik Isaksen wrestled for All Star and was called Erik Oslo. I've now decided that your real first name plus the capital city of your home country makes up your All Star name.

Other examples if WWE performers fall on hard times and need to work over here would therefore include Alberto Mexico City, John Washington DC, Claudio Geneva, Chris Ottawa, Glenn Madrid, Orlando San Juan, Dalip New Delhi, Kofi Accra, Stuart London, Naofumi Tokyo, Drew Edinburgh, Barri Cardiff, Stephen Dublin.

Any good ones from the past? Could just see Tony Helsinki vs Josef Zagreb at Croydon.

I seriously can't listen to Taz on commentary anymore. I'm just sitting watching Impact recorded earlier tonight and I'm actually fast forwarding matches just so I don't have to listen to him. He was terrible before but he's unbearable since joining A&8's. He destroys the credibility (whatever little there may be in some cases) of everything he opens his mouth about. Bully Ray cuts a pretty good promo about A&8's destroying all the heroes in TNA and all the good work is immediately undone by cutting to the announce table at the end of the segment and the fat twat spouting one of his "Yeah, Aces and Eights baby!" lines. Not to mention the fact he switches in the blink of an eye from A&8's member who wants to destroy the company to calling a fucking Rob Terry match like a regular announcer. The fact his fellow announcers seem completely unbothered by the fact he's A&8's while at the same time acting outraged at everything they do doesn't help either.

To summarise please fuck off you useless shit.

• Paid Members

X-Pac has a decent interview up on the MLW.com site. He tells a story where (as a practical joke) Rick Steiner walked into the dressing room with a gun (filled with blanks) and shot him. X-Pac said in the split seconds between the gun pointing at him and the impact he lay there thinking he'd been shot with real bullets. They talk about Dynamite Kid, but those Steiners are fucking headcases. Imagine that?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay