Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Tyson Kidd is a difficult one really. They've gave him a few pushes which haven't been that bad in all honesty. But is the bloke marketable?

The thing about being marketable is... you need to be marketed. Give him a catch phrase, slap it on a T-Shirt, give him a push, and his stuff will sell. When he qualified for MITB and he came out in that "Bank on the Kidd" shirt, for example. If he had won and was pushed - that shirt would be seen in crowds right now.

• Paid Members

Kidd's got a funny looking face and he can't cut a decent promo. He's already fulfilled his potential in WWE- he's a good undercard guy, but that's it. His ideal role is tag team wrestler, if they put a little more effort into the presentation of his team with Gabriel they could be a really fun act.

I personally think the WWE should just hire loads of planks of wood and whack t-shirts on them and give them catchphrases now. They've been wasting all their time looking for talented people with good looks and charisma, what a bunch of morons.

• Paid Members

Tyson Kidd may be a good wrestler, but there are hundreds of good wrestlers out there. You need charisma and personality to be anything more than a jobber. Tyson Kidd belongs where he is. Having entertaining but pointless matches on the C show and jobbing to the bigger fish on the A and B shows.

• Paid Members

If your putting Tyson in a tag team you need to put him in there with somebody charismatic. New age outlaws are one of my all time favorites and i love Billy Gunn but if it wasn't for Road Doggs charisma they would of never have got anywhere. Pointless putting together two bland jobbers.

Just watched Superbraw VII fuck me the finish to the main event was horrific. Even in it's prime the WCW was always a bit messy. Closer to ECW type finishers than WWF. The whole card as poinst where you think What The Fuck is going on here.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members
If your putting Tyson in a tag team you need to put him in there with somebody charismatic. New age outlaws are one of my all time favorites and i love Billy Gunn but if it wasn't for Road Doggs charisma they would of never have got anywhere. Pointless putting together two bland jobbers.

Just watched Superbraw VII fuck me the finish to the main event was horrific. Even in it's prime the WCW was always a bit messy. Closer to ECW type finishers than WWF. The whole card as poinst where you think What The Fuck is going on here.

Complete fair point, saying that, test and Albert had the charisma of an empty bag of crisps, yet with the right woman leading the way, it worked. Other than a tag team he basically has the option to be what he is now.

I suppose I want to see a bigger pool of tag teams and together, Tyson and Albert have tag team experience.

Agree 100% about super brawl 7

I've been watching the Wrestle Kingdom 7 show and what's happened to Harry Smith? He's intense as fuck now. He's got ring presence and his facial expressions are pretty good. Is he always like this or was he having an good night? Doesn't even seem like the same planned chubby faced goon we saw in the WWE. He wears a big red skull mask on the way to the ring as well. And he's managed by Taka Michinoku which is always cool.

I like how he kicks exactly like his dad. Like when Davey Boy Smith used to throw his left leg up and jump before kicking someone. Nice touch. He's now got his Dad's suntan as well as his haircut so it looks really weird from a distance.

Saw him wrestle Finlay the day before Mania this year and thought the same thing - has a real intensity to him now (the fact that they were stiffing the fuck out of each other despite wrestling in front of about 60 people helped).

If pushed right, he has all the tools to be a decent midcard draw in WWE. The problem is, they give up on anyone not called Ryback after five minutes if they don't instantly get over.

So, when you work for a big wrestling company and you send e-mails to the booker of the company, how should you finish them? I'm not sure but I do like Juvi's style:

Konnan (via Twitter): "Juventud Guerrera just sent me an email and ended it with I'M STILL JUICY (and attached a smiley face) #GottaLoveHim/Her"

:laugh:

If pushed right, he has all the tools to be a decent midcard draw in WWE. The problem is, they give up on anyone not called Ryback after five minutes if they don't instantly get over.

What a load of shit. He might have improved since, but he was absolutely useless in WWE. He gave Vince McMahon a finisher at WrestleMania, was allied with Bret Hart during Bret's return run, and had the tag titles for about six months. And not one person gave a lazy wank about him. Because he was utter shit. Fair play to him if he's alright now, but it's nonsense to make out he was great and hard done by in WWE. He was given far more there than his abilities warranted.

What a load of shit. He might have improved since, but he was absolutely useless in WWE. He gave Vince McMahon a finisher at WrestleMania, was allied with Bret Hart during Bret's return run, and had the tag titles for about six months. And not one person gave a lazy wank about him. Because he was utter shit. Fair play to him if he's alright now, but it's nonsense to make out he was great and hard done by in WWE. He was given far more there than his abilities warranted.

I meant if he were to come back with a bit of fire in his belly and the booking team behind him. Absolutely wasn't referring to his previous run, where as you say he was shite.