Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Possibly. Shame, as I really liked Curtis since his AOW interview. There is something really punchable about Maddox which is something you don't find too often in the people who are meant to be eliciting that kind of response.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Just on twitter and all of a sudden on my timeline ButchReedMark and Doug Williams are discussing Allen keys. Its what twitter was made for.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted (edited)

I'm quite digging Gunner's new look. Better than the goatie he had, IMO. Makes him look rougher.

 

50mw5k.jpg

 

I miss Gunner on TNA. Hopefully he comes back soon and starts beating people up.

Edited by pgi86
Posted
Just on twitter and all of a sudden on my timeline ButchReedMark and Doug Williams are discussing Allen keys. Its what twitter was made for.

 

Part of me wanted to go to sleep last night and part of me wanted to see how the discussion on Allen keys would play out. Out-fucking-standing.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm currently working through Raw '93 set, and apart from Rob Bartlett it's great fun. The fact the ads are intact on some of them is brilliant, so you can laugh at Al Hays pimping out Terminator 2 on the Genesis, or think about tracking a film down because it has Bridget Fonda in it and she was hot in '93. But yeah, the wrestling. The first theme played in the history of Raw would end up better known as "Owen's music" but actually brings out his High Energy tag team parter, Jobbo B Ware, who gets squashed by Yokozuna with complete ease. How the fuck is he in the Hall of Fame? There's been a raft of highly enjoyable crap since. I especially enjoy four things so far :

 

(1) The reactions of the Manhattan Centre crowd. You sometimes can never tell who they are going to like and who they are going to hate. There are plenty of heels they like but they also love Perfect and Bret. They don't just adhere to cheering "da workerz" because they love Undertaker and Beefcake, neither of whom were regarded in 1993 (or ever, in Brutus' case) as technical marvels. There are no hard and fast rules. So far, I think their favourite is Razor Ramon. Nothing wrong with that.

 

(2) Playing "spot the future star." So far they guys I've spotted that achieved at least some level of success or presence in one of the Big 3 (as was) have included Glen Ruth (Thrasher), Louis Spicolli, Jason Knight, Scott Taylor, Dwayne Gill and PJ Walker. Somehow Barry Hardy never made it, God knows why.

 

(3) Those Steiner squashes. They're far more entertaining so far (I'm up to early March) than any of the "superstar vs superstar" matches on offer. It's great fun watching them kill bitches dead with pump handles, tilt a whirls, tiger drivers and even release Dragon suplexes. Back when men were men. There's one match where after they've blasted (IIRC) Bobby Who with a Rick elbowdrop off the top while in the Canadian backbreaker of Scott, and instead of going for the pin Rick applies a headlock. Christ, I'd give up at that point rather than risk any more abuse.

 

(4) Vince plugging Quantum Leap which airs after Raw on USA. Oh boy.

 

I'm up to the one with the Perfect/Model match where the finish occurs in the ad break.... in a match they taped last week??? What's the point of that then? It's not even like they were pretending to be live, the show starts with a graphic announcing "this presentation of Monday Night Raw is pre-recorded." I'll let them off purely because The Model looks amazing in his gay little sailor outfit.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Had a dream last night involving The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine and Nikolai Volkoff which had me transported back to the 80's, have a training session with them and then be involved in an angle where all 4 beat up a load of trainees to get over their bad guy nature. Piper then insulted me for 20 minutes for not being able to blade properly before locking me in a sleeper hold to escape paying for his round of drinks.

 

Honestly, I wish I had been drinking last night to explain this, otherwise my head really is a place of no return.

 

Fucking odd random thoughts dreams.

Posted
Had a dream last night involving The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine and Nikolai Volkoff which had me transported back to the 80's, have a training session with them and then be involved in an angle where all 4 beat up a load of trainees to get over their bad guy nature. Piper then insulted me for 20 minutes for not being able to blade properly before locking me in a sleeper hold to escape paying for his round of drinks.

 

Honestly, I wish I had been drinking last night to explain this, otherwise my head really is a place of no return.

 

Fucking odd random thoughts dreams.

 

At least Jake Roberts didn't charge you a fortune to watch old tapes with him in your dream.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Had a dream last night involving The Iron Sheik, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine and Nikolai Volkoff which had me transported back to the 80's, have a training session with them and then be involved in an angle where all 4 beat up a load of trainees to get over their bad guy nature. Piper then insulted me for 20 minutes for not being able to blade properly before locking me in a sleeper hold to escape paying for his round of drinks.

 

Honestly, I wish I had been drinking last night to explain this, otherwise my head really is a place of no return.

 

Fucking odd random thoughts dreams.

 

At least Jake Roberts didn't charge you a fortune to watch old tapes with him in your dream.

 

You make an excellent point, mind you I think I'd of preferred that over waking up at 6am to check if I had cuts all over my face from some incredibly shoddy attempts at blading in a dream.

Posted

Why do WWE love putting the word "TEAM" in front of their tag team names nowadays? It particularly came to the fore in a match pitting Team Hell No vs Team Rhodes Scholars. Why couldn't it just be Hell No vs The Rhodes Scholars? Both are perfectly acceptable names that gain nothing from the addition of the word. We know they are both teams, because we are watching a fucking tag team match. I don't know why, but it really bugs me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Team Hell No I can put up with, but I swear they change their mind about Rhodes Scholars every week. I've heard them be called: just "Rhodes Scholars", Team Rhodes Scholars and The Rhodes Scholars

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...