The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Definitely. He fought loads since coming back to the UFC, even before winning the title he was really active throughout 2013/14 as well. A break was well overdue. 

I like Cerrone but I hope Lawler smashes him in style. I'd love to see Lawler come back with a vengeance and put an end to Woodley's reign and avenge that loss while he's at it.

Seems to me though Gastelum has zero discipline whatsoever. Numerous instances of missing weight, and then getting himself flagged for a drug he knows is going to be on the banned list. Before the biggest fight of his career as well, the idiot.

Yoel has offered to step in and fight Anderson if the interim belt is on the line. For the good of Anderson's health I hope the UFC decide to move away from that idea.

4 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Yoel has offered to step in and fight Anderson if the interim belt is on the line.

If they ever manage to sort the fight out, would Bisping vs. GSP not be for the Middleweight belt? If so, why would there be an interim belt?

I think it's to do with the fact Bisping/GSP still hasn't got a date, subsequently meaning that Romero's title opportunity is also going to be getting pushed back. Plus knowing the UFC, it's likely enough to happen. Anything to be able to market "TWO TITLE FIGHTS".

1 hour ago, DJM said:

If they ever manage to sort the fight out, would Bisping vs. GSP not be for the Middleweight belt? If so, why would there be an interim belt?

I take it as Romero trying to put himself in a spot that he feels would guarantee him a fight against the winner of Bisping vs. GSP. Once Bisping and GSP is sorted out, if there is an interim middleweight champion, it would logically follow that the next fight for the official middleweight champion is to face the interim middleweight champion.

14 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Didn't they change the weed rule so as long as you don't smoke in the 24 hours before the fight its ok ? Thats just one day not bloody smoking. Even a Diaz brother could do that. 

On the presumption Brazil are following the same rules as the NSAC, I believe the rule is more that they raised the marijuana metabolite levels that constitute a test failure to a point where the only realistic way to fail is to smoke the day of the fight. You could theoretically still fail if you've smoked further back than 24 hours, but you'd have to be incredible unlucky.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Didn't they change the weed rule so as long as you don't smoke in the 24 hours before the fight its ok ? Thats just one day not bloody smoking. Even a Diaz brother could do that. 

That's exactly what I thought. Bisping was talking about that very topic on his podcast this week.

An interim belt at MW would be new levels of ridiculousness. You've got the champ actively campaigning for a fight ASAP and yet you create an interim belt. Insane.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chunk said:

He just came back out with seconds to spare and weighed in at 205. What the fuck! That must've been some shit he had backstage!

You joke, but christ, that's the only thing that could have happened. 

Or the NY commission shit a brick and just pulled a fast one.

• Paid Members
Just now, lambyUK said:

You joke, but christ, that's the only thing that could have happened.

Back Rumble to wreck him. No way he has any stamina going into the fight. He looked like shit.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Back Rumble to wreck him. No way he has any stamina going into the fight. He looked like shit.

Yep, he looked fucking terrible. Still wouldn't put it past DC to pull out the win though. 

EDIT..apologies, I thought I was in the 210 thread! No idea how i posted it in here.

Archived