Motor Racing Nirvana

BigJag

Yeah, German drivers are the worst - usually look like they should be sticking out the top of a Panzer, and boringly predictable. I'd like Nico more if he HAD done it deliberately.

After British, my faves are usually Japanese. Sato, Kobayashi - entertainers.

• Paid Members

Nah, you've got to love a French driver. They drive like they do on the roads. They don't give a fuck. Generally about 30 seconds from walloping someone, in or out of the car.

Good call though, Loki. Japanese drivers are also mental and therefore entertaining.

Nah, you've got to love a French driver. They drive like they do on the roads. They don't give a fuck. Generally about 30 seconds from walloping someone, in or out of the car.

Good call though, Loki. Japanese drivers are also mental and therefore entertaining.

Favourite French driver of mine was Jean Alesi by a billion miles, he was absolutely mental and bloody quick when he was in the right mood. Plus Alesi and Gerhard Berger was a great duo as team mates, none of these girly Lewis handbag moments, proper men!

Favourite French driver of mine was Jean Alesi by a billion miles, he was absolutely mental and bloody quick when he was in the right mood. Plus Alesi and Gerhard Berger was a great duo as team mates, none of these girly Lewis handbag moments, proper men!

Alesi had the benefit of being half Sicilian. That meant he could engage mental mode at the flick of a switch.

What do people think of Ricciardo then? He's not as "Aussie" as Webber, but he seems to be faster. When's his gloss going to come off though?

What do people think of Ricciardo then? He's not as "Aussie" as Webber, but he seems to be faster. When's his gloss going to come off though?

So far, so good

5-1 in qualifying

3-0 in 2 car finishes

54-45 in points

Okay, Seb has had a lot of car issues that have hindered his performances. But D.R had 2 race weekends wiped out also (OZ and Sepang). Horner admitted that despite Seb's issues at Monaco qualifying, that D.R would have still been faster, as Seb's issues were estimated to only cost him a tenth.

China and Bahrain, D.R was simply the faster driver. Seb really only performed better at Sepang. Spain they raced very different races.

Webber did have some success against Seb in earlier 2012 when the car was not at its maximum performance. It seems Seb puts a gap between his teammates when the car is dominant (see 2011 and 2013). Sort of the opposite of Gilles Villneurve.

I watched D.R's Q2 lap at Monaco on Sky, and was most impressed. He showed little regard for the tight Monaco track, and seemed unfazed by the occasion. I hope he continues to perform to such a high standard. He seems like a nice bloke as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's the 82nd running of the Le Man's 24 hours this weekend!

Mark Webber and Porsche are back racing in the prototype class.

The last time he was racing at Le Mans his car threatened to do this

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=CxONVf9oVss

Peter Dumbrekt, Mark Webbers team mate, was fine after that extraordinary incident.

Audi as ever will be the team to beat. Last years race was full of dramatic racing.

Allan Simonsen sadly lost his life when the Aston Martin he was driving crashed heavily early on in the race.

It's snuck up on me this year, and it all starts at 1500 on Saturday afternoon. Eurosport will be covering the race live!

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Nakajima has put his Toyota on pole for the race today, the cars are running around in the morning warmup currently.

A number of crashes during the week have caused a few driver changes. Even for the mighty Audi team, who are looking strong in this warmup. Less than seven hours to go. 1400GMT!

Amazing technology employed here. Cars have been x-rayed to ensure there are no fractures!

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-r...it-9536536.html

Classic Group C race about to start.

Edited by BigJag