Motor Racing Nirvana

BigJag

• Paid Members
Le Mans=epic

I agree. Fantastic event. Watching them racing through the night and maintaining that fantastic pace is a sight to behold. Twenty minutes left to go. Could still be some drama to come. Amazing effort by all the competitors.

These engineered finishes are annoying. Let them race!

Audi win! Car No 2 crossed the line first followed closely by car No1. Which had to be rebuilt on Friday.

Aston Martin win the GTAM category, with an all Danish driver lineup. Apparently they will pay tribute to Allan Simonsen.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

The Schumacher family have been extremely guarded about the whole situation. It's not surprising that they have only released the merest of details. The accident happened nearly six months ago, and only the medical staff and family will know how healthy he is. We are fortunate to know that Schumacher is making positive steps in his recovery.

Quite worrying that there's absolutely no mention of his mental state. I hope he's not a dribbler :(

They've said he suffered brain injuries. He's not likely to be walking into press conferences any time soon. Hopefully he's more Richard Hammond and less Arial Sharon.

Good news about Schumi, I hope that one day he will be able to live a normal life as best he can after all this.

With regards to Le Mans, I can't be the only to think why drivers like Nakajima, McNish and other do fantastically well in this type of Motorsport but never set the world on fire with the exception of Mark Webber in recent memory.

• Moderators

McNish was just fantastically unlucky in F1. Toyota giving him and Salo their P45s was a step back in my opinion. A fine driver and unlucky in F1. First with Lola and then the Toyota firing.

When de Crasheris got over 200 starts and McNish less than 20 you have to question the existence of god.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Le Mans has been getting more and more interest from the power brokers at F1 in the last few years. As a one of race it is a magnificent spectacle. We shouldn't forget that there is also a whole endurance race series season. Much like the F1 season. They are racing at the Nurburgring this weekend.

Le Mans recap show on Eurosport today.

WTCC are racing at Spa this weekend. Live WTCC Qualifying

Edited by BigJag

I was wary of the hype until today but now it's clear - Max Verstappen will be F1 Champion. It's not online yet but in race 3 at Spa in European F3 he pulled three of the most insanely good moves in a row I've ever seen. He won three for three in the most competitive junior formula and is only 16. If there was more testing I'd suggest someone takes a massive risk and tries to promote him straight to F1. As it is he will surely get sponsorship from one of the big F1 teams and go to Renault 3.5 next year.

EDIT: Lynn did well in GP3 yesterday and is well worth his Red Bull sponsorship. He got unfair criticism for his race craft in race 2 given he was hit from behind and suffered a puncture. Jann Mardenborough showed great pace but made a mistake - I suspect this late on he will find his level as a top class sports car driver although it remains to be seen whether that will be in GT or LMP1. Any how good times for young drivers making their way.

Edited by twelve_grand

• Paid Members
I was wary of the hype until today but now it's clear - Max Verstappen will be F1 Champion. It's not online yet but in race 3 at Spa in European F3 he pulled three of the most insanely good moves in a row I've ever seen. He won three for three in the most competitive junior formula and is only 16. If there was more testing I'd suggest someone takes a massive risk and tries to promote him straight to F1. As it is he will surely get sponsorship from one of the big F1 teams and go to Renault 3.5 next year.

EDIT: Lynn did well in GP3 yesterday and is well worth his Red Bull sponsorship. He got unfair criticism for his race craft in race 2 given he was hit from behind and suffered a puncture. Jann Mardenborough showed great pace but made a mistake - I suspect this late on he will find his level as a top class sports car driver although it remains to be seen whether that will be in GT or LMP1. Any how good times for young drivers making their way.

Thanks for adding your input. I don't really follow the "underneath" formulas, its always good to learn about what's happening in them.

James Dyson hanging out on the grid with Jackie Stewart. James Dyson is Patrick Heads cousin!

Is Max son of Jos? Looks to be a very prodigious talent.

I've been flicking between the WTCC and Austrian GP build up. Some of those elevations at the Red Bull Ring are astonishing. Really surprised by Red Bulls poor qualifying performance. Could be another exciting race.

Edited by BigJag