TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

That was a FANTASTIC ending! Not one part of me thought Aries would actually win until the match was about half way through, then I started to think there may be a chance. The end sequence was absolutely terrific. As much as I love Roode, it's a testament to Aries of how excited I was to see him win. Excellent match with a perfect ending.The rest of the show was good, with the real stars shining. Joe/Angle was really good, AJ/Daniels was really good (from what I saw, it's hard to get excited about this match).I can see Roode taking back the title before Bound For Glory before the inevitable Roode/Storm match, but then I have no idea what Aries will do. It makes it quite unpredictable.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where I could watch this through maybe YouTube or another streaming site? Not got my broadband just now so connecting on my laptop through the 3G on my phone so can't download it.

Went to bed after Angle/Joe last night and was gutted to miss it live but watched the last match unspoiled this morning as was over the moon with this. I remember saying around just after Slammiversary that they were sabbotaging themselves by not putting the belt on Aries when he's this electric, even if everybody's got their dicks out over a Storm/Roode resolution.

Really glad they showed guts with the change, and if I'm TNA, I make Roode/Storm at BFG without the title on the line and let Aries go out there and have the Match of the Year with Kurt Angle or Samoa Joe for the title. Roode needs to be gunning for the gold of course, but there's no harm in him losing his rematch as long it's all tied in with a meaty dispute.

A Double's the man in wrestling right now, and deserves to be on top wherever he is, and he is, so that's all that matters really.

Haven't seen AJ/Daniels or the Ultimate X yet but outside of that Main, the PPV did nothing for me other than remind me how little I care about the X Division when TNA gets the rest of its shit in order. Looking forward to getting a proper PPV again next month and the big Bully Ray/Joseph Parks rematch on Impact this week.

Kenny King Vs. Doug Williams: Good.

Samoa Joe Vs. Kurt Angle: Really good.

Christopher Daniels Vs. AJ Styles: Great.

Austin Aires Vs. Bobby Roode: Fucking fantastic.

I was 99% sure that Roode would win the match, considering that the ultimate goal has to be Storm/Roode at BFG, but when a babyface winning the World Title elicits that kind of response, it has to be the right decision. And Roode can win the belt back at the next PPV anyway and it won't hurt either man.

I was a bit disappointed and confused that Zima Ion won the X-Div. Championship. The only reason I can think of that he won it would be that TNA reckon that Jesse Sorenson will have recovered sufficiently in order to have a 'feel-good' moment at Bound for Glory. Otherwise, Kenny King should have won it.

The Daniels/AJ last man standing match was the best match those two have had against each other and arguably the best match of Daniels' career.

I hope that we never see Dakota Darsow, Flippy McDoodah and Lars Only ever again. Awful, awful, awful.

Loved the main event, definitely one of the best matches this year so far. The other two matches were fine but i'll probably have forgotten about them by tomorrow, and the x-division stuff was shite with the exception of Williams/King which was half decent.Pretty much about what I expected.

Me too :(I looked yesterday on Freeview and couldn't find the PPV listed. Have they changed the naming of the PPVs from TNA: PPV to something more specific?

The site I normally use for watching PPV's the day after usually has Youtube versions of the PPV that you can watch from the start, but when I went onto it there was a proper stream going and it just happened to be during the celebrations for Aries's win! Really pissed off I had it spoiled for me, didn't think for a minute they'd put the belt on him. Read the rest of the results and sounds like a proper good show, looking forward to watching it on Challenge on Wednesday night.

Truly he is the main event. Loki it'll prob just be TNA: Destination X on the planner, it was listed like TNA: Slammiversary last month.Rubix can come back anytime. If Mason Andrews can get a personality he can come back cause that match with Kash was decent. They rest, I hope to never see Lars Only or Dakota Darsow again unless they improve big time.Anyway, the next X-Division could be great, not to sound like a negative nancy but how many bloomin' dives to the outside last night did we have? It just got boring. Especially as most were from guys that we didn't really care about.Im unsure about Zema Ion and Jesse Sorenson. Loved to see Jesse back and it was a great feel good moment but I feel a bit queasy whenever they show that footage! If Sorensen is cool with doing it and making it a story then I guess its cool but its a bit weird. But anyway if Jesse fully recovers and gets in the ring again I'm sure it'll be an absolutely magic moment and he'll have the crowd behind him. Kenny King and Sonjay Dutt should hopefully stick around chasing Zema Ion. Zema just needs more time to establish himself and lets see how this new X-Division fares. Plenty of stories knocking about now for them to go with. Sonjay still chasing the X-Division Title Dream, Ion vs Sorenson and the up and comer Kenny King chasing the title.Daniels vs Styles was great in my opinion, but its not over is it? A lot different to other matches these two have had so kudos for a fresh bloody brawl, and again that Styles Clash was devastating. Wouldnt mind seeing Daniels and Kaz turns the Tag Titles into something good and step away from AJ, but the feud definitely isnt over...Angle vs Joe was great too and I love the stories in the BFG Series. Well done.Well the main event was fantastic. Aries is on fire, why the hell not pull the trigger? The moment was absolutely magic and both of them delivered in the main event. Lets see where it goes, and oh my GOODNESS no one can miss Impact on Thursday!I'll give it 4 stars.

Maybe more suited to the random questions thread, but how on earth can they possibly do that moonsault stomp move safely?I know wrestlers, and particularly these new-age indie types, are extremely skilled at making things look spectacular and high impact (to their credit, as I rarely give them much), but that shit's surely just a serious internal injury waiting to happen? What's the secret?

• Paid Members

There isn't one. It's really dangerous. Obviously it'd do more damage if it caught ribs or a limb, but there's pretty much no way to guarantee its safety. Basically, Sonjay Dutt hasn't hurt anyone doing it because he's pretty small.

• Paid Members

Maybe more suited to the random questions thread, but how on earth can they possibly do that moonsault stomp move safely?I know wrestlers, and particularly these new-age indie types, are extremely skilled at making things look spectacular and high impact (to their credit, as I rarely give them much), but that shit's surely just a serious internal injury waiting to happen? What's the secret?

Something to do with making sure the guy taking it crosses and wraps his arms around his rib-cage, I'd guess. Sort of a meaty barrier.

• Paid Members

There isn't one. It's really dangerous. Obviously it'd do more damage if it caught ribs or a limb, but there's pretty much no way to guarantee its safety. Basically, Sonjay Dutt hasn't hurt anyone doing it because he's pretty small.

That makes no sense. The person he does it to is usually even smaller than he is. Its not like he's doing it to Bully Ray.I dont buy for a second that the move even hurts to a significant level. If it did, nobody would take it and they wouldn't let him do it. There must be a way around it, like every other move in wrestling. My theory is that the persons movement and the position Dutt is landing is minimizing the blow to the body, so it its spectacular, but isn't causing any damage.rubodaftcunt.jpgIf you see as Dutt is landing, the opponent crosses his arms and lifts his shoulder to the side. Dutt is also bents over slightly. I imagine with both of them working together the move just looks like it hurts. Dutt never lands on their chest, gut or anything. He usually lands on the crossed arms of his opponent.Mind you, the only explanation for taking this move is that Sexxxy Eddie is a thick cunt:

Despite not having the moonsault element, I thought Senshi's version looked better.Hogan's got some serious love for the young guys at the moment:

Hulk HoganAJ STYLES,My Superhero DANIELS and KAZARIAN have changed my view of the future of our business,they are the greatest,I thank u guys HHHulk HoganWish I was in my prime,I would draw nothing but money with SAMOA JOE,his work is flawless.And he a tough,mean mofo. HH

Hogan v Joe would have been a good old match.

Archived