TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Question is, do you go for a Roode rematch at the next PPV or start feeding new competitors?

Well, if Roode/Storm has to be for the title, you switch it back at No Surrender. For Hard Justice you want someone the fans can cheer for Aries against, but that also you buy as perfectly capable of beating him.

Aries/Ray

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the other wrestlers are in the BFG series and will be wrestling at Hardcore Justice, Sting should be busy with the bikers, which only really leaves Joe Park/Abyss, Crimson or Devon and the X Division, not exactly PPV main event worthy.

• Paid Members

TNA has two PPVs left until Bound For Glory. A rematch with Roode at the next PPV is all you need. No Surrender doesn't need to have a title match on it. The World champion could be the observer for the night. Just have him do an interview, maybe commentary for the final bout and then come out in a suit come out at the end and have the PPV end with either Roode or Aries holding the belt aloft as they have a stare down with the BFG Series winner to create anticipation for the main event of Bound For Glory. Nobody should be getting a title shot before Bound For Glory without earning it anyway. Aries only got a title shot because he beat everyone for a full year and gave up his X title. Roode you could explain by saying he is getting a title shot through his rematch clause. You can't justify, say, Gunner getting a title shot a No Surrender, after 12 men have fought for months trying to earn a title shot. If it was up to me, I'd have Roode get his rematch and whoever is the champion should sit out the Bound For Glory Series Playoffs.

• Paid Members
I hope that we never see Dakota Darsow, Flippy McDoodah and Lars Only ever again. Awful, awful, awful.

Hahaha absolutely, the main was great but I wasn't a fan of pretty much all the X Division stuff on the show. Rubix/Jigsaw came off ok, as did Kenny King....jury is out on Mason Andrews, I'm not a huge PWG fan, but was at their first show in Orpington and loved his whole "would you PLEASE look at my my abs!" thing as Scorpio Sky, hopefully they have him do something like that with a bit of personality.

On a side note, I can't recall at this point, ever enjoying an Ultimate X match, or at least for a good few years...they need to put the concept to bed.

• Paid Members
TNA has two PPVs left until Bound For Glory. A rematch with Roode at the next PPV is all you need. No Surrender doesn't need to have a title match on it. The World champion could be the observer for the night. Just have him do an interview, maybe commentary for the final bout and then come out in a suit come out at the end and have the PPV end with either Roode or Aries holding the belt aloft as they have a stare down with the BFG Series winner to create anticipation for the main event of Bound For Glory. Nobody should be getting a title shot before Bound For Glory without earning it anyway. Aries only got a title shot because he beat everyone for a full year and gave up his X title. Roode you could explain by saying he is getting a title shot through his rematch clause. You can't justify, say, Gunner getting a title shot a No Surrender, after 12 men have fought for months trying to earn a title shot. If it was up to me, I'd have Roode get his rematch and whoever is the champion should sit out the Bound For Glory Series Playoffs.

Perhaps Sting could get a shot? He's probably the only name they have who doesn't really need to earn shots - when he gets them, nobody reacts badly to them. Sting/Aries could have some value.

• Paid Members
On a side note, I can't recall at this point, ever enjoying an Ultimate X match, or at least for a good few years...they need to put the concept to bed.

Disagree. I've enjoyed a few for what they were, plus they're a pretty distinctive match to TNA. What they need to do is make them a bigger deal, rather than just handing them out on TV or on the undercard.

• Paid Members

Sting's got bigger fish to fry than the World title at the minute. And Sting will probably be out until Bound For Glory. Hopefully Hogan gets a kicking and leaves on Thursday as well. I think Hogan and Sting taking two and a half months off would be just what they need to try and squeeze some buys out of them, if they are wrestling the biker squad at Bound For Glory. No use having Hogan and Sting on every show if you want to build them up as something special.

• Paid Members
Sting's got bigger fish to fry than the World title at the minute. And Sting will probably be out until Bound For Glory. Hopefully Hogan gets a kicking and leaves on Thursday as well. I think Hogan and Sting taking two and a half months off would be just what they need to try and squeeze some buys out of them, if they are wrestling the biker squad at Bound For Glory. No use having Hogan and Sting on every show if you want to build them up as something special.

Good point.

As a side note, I'd like to see them return to announce their challenge to the Aces & Eights, with their third man to eliminate the handicap being Road Warrior Animal.

I didn't care about any of the X division stuff and Ultimate X matches have been done to death so that was a piss break for me but the real main events were fantastic. Samoa Joe vs Angle was brilliant and a pleasure to see as these two guys with great chemistry pulled out another good innings with a nice dominant finish. I didn't have high expectations for AJ vs Daniels but this match was brilliant, it was the type of bloody brawl that their year long feud has lacked and they really bought the fight last night, I never thought I'd see a Styles Clash off the stage as it'd surely look like it delivered more punishment to AJ but they pulled it off brilliantly.

Aries vs Roode was brilliant, the last five minutes or so with the classic heel antics turned into the solid win for Aries had me on the edge of my seat. Aries is up there with TNA's greatest moments, Aries was elated, the crowd were elated and based off TNA's website percentages; the fans at home were too. I believe that Storm should screw Roode out of the title at the rematch and Roode should screw Storm out of the Bound for Glory series as their feud holds up without the World title. I think Joe could go all the way with the BFG series as he has re-established himself this past year and another offering of him against Aries at BFG would be perfect.

TNA is over delivering right now. Love it.

Would hogan and sting need a 3rd person for a match against the bikers?

Joe,Hardy or Angle for me

A returning face Jarrett would be one possibility. Although Jarrett should probably stay heel as he's ace. I think it's a perfect spot to bring back in another fan favourite from the older days. Nash?

• Paid Members

Just a random note, the last three World Champions in TNA are all men that hadn't held it previously, which hasn't happened for a while, and it's quite interesting looking at what the men in these sequences have in common :

April '10 - January '11 - title passes from RVD to Jeff Hardy to Anderson, who all were all ex WWE stars.

December '11 - July '12 - Storm to Roode to Aries, all whom made their name in TNA.

Along with Joe going over Kurt Angle so strongly, is this indicative of a conscious turning of the tide towards promoting guys that TNA made themselves, over the established WWE guys?

Archived