TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Jimmy Jay (Don West's apprentice) has been doing the house shows with West for the past year, so at least they weren't unprepared for West eventually leaving. West is a master salesman, so he has big shoes to fill there, but at least he trained someone up before he left. I always thought it would have been to TNA's advantage if West had a segment on Impact every week (like the live events centre or the old Slam Jam bits on the old WWF shows) where he ran down the matches for the PPV and screamed at the camera for a minute. Wrestling promotions used to always run down the card and let you know what was on the PPV and sometimes if Dok Hendrix or Todd Pettengill really sold me, I'd be looking forward to Yokozuna vs Mable or something equally shit. It always seemed a missed opportunity to have a likable and passionate bloke like Don West sitting around and not doing anything with him.

I remember thinking West was super shit for years. Just the dirt worst annoying twat. Then he suddenly became brilliant. He was really funny and played a heel role really well. He was the best colour man in the best. Then they just got rid of him without a words notice. They stuck with him for years when he was shit. When he improved his craft they got rid. Shocking.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at other forums full of cretinous IWC smarks, the response seems to be quite positive and that a lot of people are ready to actually stump up for a TNA PPV for once. That said, intent and actually doing something are two completely different things, so they'll all probably end up streaming it because they're cocks.

Also , does anybody know what's the best/worst tv rating they have done and same for PPV buys

The brief Monday Night Wars aside, any week to week variation they've had has been pretty minor -- something like 80-90% of the time in the past six years it's been in the 1.0-1.2 range.

To add to this, and as an interesting statistic, here are Impact's yearly averages:

2004 - 0.22 (that's for the original FSN airings, they also had a replay which did similar and sometimes higher numbers)

2005 - 0.51 (iMPACT on FSN - 0.23, iMPACT on Spike - 0.79)

2006 - 0.89

2007 - 1.04

2008 - 1.06

2009 - 1.14

2010 - 1.07 (iMPACT on Thursdays - 1.11, iMPACT on Mondays - 0.87, that's including 4/1/2010)

2011 - 1.17 (the only year where the rating never fell below 1.0 even once)

2012 - 1.05 (so far)

• Paid Members
Jimmy Jay (Don West's apprentice) has been doing the house shows with West for the past year, so at least they weren't unprepared for West eventually leaving. West is a master salesman, so he has big shoes to fill there, but at least he trained someone up before he left. I always thought it would have been to TNA's advantage if West had a segment on Impact every week (like the live events centre or the old Slam Jam bits on the old WWF shows) where he ran down the matches for the PPV and screamed at the camera for a minute. Wrestling promotions used to always run down the card and let you know what was on the PPV and sometimes if Dok Hendrix or Todd Pettengill really sold me, I'd be looking forward to Yokozuna vs Mable or something equally shit. It always seemed a missed opportunity to have a likable and passionate bloke like Don West sitting around and not doing anything with him.

I remember thinking West was super shit for years. Just the dirt worst annoying twat. Then he suddenly became brilliant. He was really funny and played a heel role really well. He was the best colour man in the best. Then they just got rid of him without a words notice. They stuck with him for years when he was shit. When he improved his craft they got rid. Shocking.

I liked him in his heel announcer role, but oddly enough, I thought he was great as a manager - it was the only time in the entire duration of my wrestling fandom where I enjoyed watching Amazing Red. He gave Red depth he just doesn't have on his own; West made him look like someone worth managing.

Also , does anybody know what's the best/worst tv rating they have done and same for PPV buys

The brief Monday Night Wars aside, any week to week variation they've had has been pretty minor -- something like 80-90% of the time in the past six years it's been in the 1.0-1.2 range.

To add to this, and as an interesting statistic, here are Impact's yearly averages:

2004 - 0.22 (that's for the original FSN airings, they also had a replay which did similar and sometimes higher numbers)

2005 - 0.51 (iMPACT on FSN - 0.23, iMPACT on Spike - 0.79)

2006 - 0.89

2007 - 1.04

2008 - 1.06

2009 - 1.14

2010 - 1.07 (iMPACT on Thursdays - 1.11, iMPACT on Mondays - 0.87, that's including 4/1/2010)

2011 - 1.17 (the only year where the rating never fell below 1.0 even once)

2012 - 1.05 (so far)

See i don't know if its good or bad.

Part of me would hate to give Vince Russo any credit but its so strange how little progress or regression there are been for them over the past few years.

Interesting to know that in 2006 was their worst whole year on the same network but also had their highest PPV buy.

• Paid Members

To give a bit more context, April 06 was the move to Thursday, November 06 was the move to Prime Time (which is why you'd expect 06 ratings to be lower) and October 07 was the move to two hours.

• Paid Members

That's the second Destination X in a row he's done that. What does he do on that day?

Watch out for Borash to completely forget he's supposed to be the colour commentator like he always does. He'll talk over him all the time. Tenay and JB have zero chemistry. JB and Eric Bischoff were great on Xplosion. JB works well with a heel announcer.

Dixie tweeted that the final spot in the X Division tournament will go to the winner of a "last chance" 4-way match between the 4 losers of the qualifying matches (Rubix, Mason Andrews, Dakota Darsow, Lars Only).

Dixie tweeted that the final spot in the X Division tournament will go to the winner of a "last chance" 4-way match between the 4 losers of the qualifying matches (Rubix, Mason Andrews, Dakota Darsow, Lars Only).

I know it's x devision ppv, but this does seem like a lot of matches being given to unknown quantities.

- A last minute 4 way

- 4 quarter finals

- Ultimate x match

Mind you, I still tink the ppv will be ace over all.

• Paid Members

Why are people keep suggesting that Chris Sabin should join the announce desk? He has no experience on the announce table and is notoriously rotten on the microphone. He'd be fucking rubbish as a commentator. Just let him heal his injury and keep him away from talking.

• Paid Members
That's the second Destination X in a row he's done that. What does he do on that day?

Didn't he miss the last show because his brother died? Could well be a memorial service or something this year that he wants to attend.

Archived