TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The card is looking like another belter, looking at the matches.

ppv1.jpg

ppv4.jpg

ppv3.jpg

There's also an Ultimate match for the X Division title, with the opponents to be determined. So we might get a few new lads in there.

I would kindly ask you all to check out the Before The Bell documentary on Austin Aries. Its half and hour and its absolutely brilliant. Even better than the Bobby Roode videos last year. Its just a well put together piece and puts Aries over huge. Showing him at home, training, talking about his first run in TNA, talking about how he retired last year and came to TNA for a few shots and now he's going for the belt. Its a class video piece.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Angle 4 on PPV? Yes please! Card's already looking good. TNA can do no wrong at the moment, it seems. I hope for them that some of the bump in PPV buys from Slammiversary is sustained.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, I thought TNA had booked Kurt Angle vs Alexei Sayle until I scrolled down a bit.

I'm gonna give this a bash, I watched Slammiversary the other day and thought it was the best thing TNA have put out in ages (at least from what I've seen) and a few of the matches really delivered.

I'm really liking what I've seen of Roode and Bully Ray in particular. Any ideas or rumours yet who Ray will be matched with on this one?

My Lord.

Looks class. Really hope they can deliver just like with Slammiversary and with this card it looks amazing already. I am really interested in hearing about who and how many competitors Ultimate X will have! Surely one is Zema Ion and maybe Kid Kash? Those Destination X match graphics are beautiful too.

Im gonna say another couple of BFG Series matches to be added cause I cant see any other X-Division stuff happening. James Storm vs Jeff Hardy perhaps? Reckon they might have an X-Division Gut Check Battle Royal, winner wins a contract type thing?

• Paid Members

I'm very interested in Aries/Roode. It's been done beautifully. The other two matches show the biggest flaw with TNA. Really good product but they just don't have the matches. I don't care what angle you come up with. You could put Bischoff, Heyman, Cornette, McMahon and Watts in a room and they could not come up with anything that would make me watch Styles/Daniels again. And Angle/Joe is similar. I feel like I've seen it a hundred times, even though I obviously haven't.

• Paid Members
I'm really liking what I've seen of Roode and Bully Ray in particular. Any ideas or rumours yet who Ray will be matched with on this one?

James Storm and Bully Ray had a stare down last week, so I assume that might be going somewhere since they have to wrestling in the BFG series anyway. I'm guessing they are holding off Abyss vs Bully until Bound For Glory.

• Paid Members

Nice. I like the sound of Bully Ray vs James Storm.

What's this BFG series about then? Is it basically a number one contender tournament with the winner getting the shot at BFG? Or is there more to it? Sorry for my ignorance I've haven't seen Impact lately.

Call me stupid, but I feel Bully deserves a PPV win, but beating Storm would take the wind out of his sails a little.

Nice. I like the sound of Bully Ray vs James Storm.

What's this BFG series about then? Is it basically a number one contender tournament with the winner getting the shot at BFG? Or is there more to it? Sorry for my ignorance I've haven't seen Impact lately.

It's a massive 12 man round robin tournament that will run between now and October (I think), and is won on points. Different points are awarded for draws, pinfalls, submission victories, and you can also be penalised for gettign DQ'ed.

Each man will face each other once, so that's 66 matches in total, and bonus matches (ladder matches / battle royales) thrown in too. These matches will feature on Impact TV, PPV and house shows too.

The man with the most points at the end will win a main event championship match at Bound For Glory.

You can find more here: http://www.impactwrestling.com/bfgseries

• Paid Members

Cheers for that Mr Coyne.

It sounds like an interesting concept. Sounds a lot like the old Future Shock round robin WCW did years ago with the point system and stuff, but obviously on a much bigger scale. It's something different if nowt else and I reckon there's potential for them to do some good stuff with it.

• Paid Members
Call me stupid, but I feel Bully deserves a PPV win, but beating Storm would take the wind out of his sails a little.

Could go to a time-limit draw with both guys brawling through the crowd. Would be a good way to continue the mini-feud in a way, give both men something to build up their profiles while Roode and Aries feud.

Could go to a time-limit draw with both guys brawling through the crowd. Would be a good way to continue the mini-feud in a way, give both men something to build up their profiles while Roode and Aries feud.

Nah, if it's Bully Ray Vs. James Storm they should have Abyss come out to beat up Bully, which would cause Storm to be DQ'd (-10pts), that would send him down the leaderboard so you can do some 'babyface fighting his way to the top' comeback stuff.

You need to protect Storm, but you can't just have him run away as the #1 throughout the whole thing.

There's going to be five X Division matches at the PPV. From TNA's site:

Three weeks ago on IMPACT WRESTLING, Hulk Hogan gave Austin Aries a choice: To receive a World Title Match at Destination X on July 8, he must relinquish the X-Division Championship. Austin Aries

Archived