TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Sheesh, chill out man. I like Devon, one of my fave performers on recent weeks of Impact. Just highlighting that although TNA is flavour of the month at the min, they are still as inconsistent as ever.

DA BOOKERS DON'T HAVE NE CLUE!!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devon pointed out on twitter the bound for glory series had kicked off so he took a backseat, he'll be on next week.

i understand this, i really do. Just dont make the announcement if you know in a couple of months you will struggle to fit it in. It's daft. If the WWE had done this the forum would have been in meltdown with you lot. Oh, and chili_dog, give over will you.

• Paid Members
Devon pointed out on twitter the bound for glory series had kicked off so he took a backseat, he'll be on next week.

i understand this, i really do. Just dont make the announcement if you know in a couple of months you will struggle to fit it in. It's daft. If the WWE had done this the forum would have been in meltdown with you lot.

Have you hit your head or something today? Between this and suggesting that a large section of the forum behaves like the idiots who hacked Booker T's Twitter, you appear to have gone quite stupid.

• Paid Members
Sheesh, chill out man. I like Devon, one of my fave performers on recent weeks of Impact. Just highlighting that although TNA is flavour of the month at the min, they are still as inconsistent as ever.

Again, though, I think it's harsh to say that. Even taking this small inconsistency into account, it's not on the same level of exasperating inconsistency we'd come to expect from them prior, and it's not really an inconsistency beyond remedy - any time they feel the issue needs addressing, they just have Hogan come out on TV and re-iterate what Devon said on Twitter.

Maybe you are right carbomb, but like the Devon angle they will book themselves into a corner this time next year, and the Destination X PPV main event will be something like James Storm v Zema Ion or something. Even the Impact Zone would struggle to get up for that. That why i think it will be quietly forgotten about.

• Paid Members

Isn't option C, the option to drop the title to go for the main belt? It'd be just as easy to say 'nah I want to keep my domination of the X Division rather than have one chance at glory. Come ask me in another year'

It would pretty much give them a chance to evaluate if its worth bringing someone up or not.

• Paid Members

i understand this, i really do. Just dont make the announcement if you know in a couple of months you will struggle to fit it in. It's daft. If the WWE had done this the forum would have been in meltdown with you lot. Oh, and chili_dog, give over will you.

I'll just stick to the racist material form here on.

• Paid Members

Exactly. If next year Sonjay Dutt (for example) is the X Division champion and King Mo is the World Champion, its not out of the question for Dutt to say "fuck that, I'm not wrestling him he wears MMA gloves and has been in a real fight.". They dont actually have to main event Destination X next year with a X wrestler. Austin Aries on the other hand has enough confidence in his ability to actually go for the belt.

Unless they do some serious rebuilding of the X-Division anyone who's the champion and doesn't take the shot would look like an utter cretin and/or coward. I also can't see them building up a once-in-a-year concept only for the guy at the end to say "nah, no thanks" no matter how they tried to spin it. I think you're pretty much guaranteed that if the concept still exists you'll be seeing the X Division champion challenging for the World Title every year. But as someone suggested I think that'll probably mean a top level guy winning the belt before the cut-off rather than Xema Ion main eventing.

WOW, its amazing how Austin Aries has turned himself around.

Fair play to him.

Not to be a negative voice but what kind of buyrate will Destination X do?

Wasn't last years their lowest of the year?

They are still pulling a 1.0 on tv which despite the improvement in the show it wouldn't exactly inspire too much confidence in the buyrate.

• Paid Members
Unless they do some serious rebuilding of the X-Division anyone who's the champion and doesn't take the shot would look like an utter cretin and/or coward. I also can't see them building up a once-in-a-year concept only for the guy at the end to say "nah, no thanks" no matter how they tried to spin it. I think you're pretty much guaranteed that if the concept still exists you'll be seeing the X Division champion challenging for the World Title every year. But as someone suggested I think that'll probably mean a top level guy winning the belt before the cut-off rather than Xema Ion main eventing.

From a heel perspective wouldn't it make sense though.

Cowardly heel has X Title, keeps it instead of going for the World because it's an easier task for him. It'd make him a lot more hated if booked right.

Much in the same vain, why would someone who is the personification of high flying and wants to be a part of the best junior division in America (because by then WWE will have its Cruiserweight show I would imagine) trade it in for one match with a 6 foot 10 monster or something along those lines.

It actually means TNA would need to give the X Division a lot more of a character as a whole, people will actually be built up, its kinda like 2004 again.

And if it comes to it AJ or Daniels or someone like that wins the Gold just before July next year, we know how that'll turn out. That itself could be an important enough storyline, wanting the gold, so having to go through a whole extra division to get to it.

Not to be a negative voice but what kind of buyrate will Destination X do?

Wasn't last years their lowest of the year?

i think we all know the answer to that, very, very bad unfortunatly. I'm interested in Roode/Aries, i certainly wont be watching the rest though, i could do without seeing AJ/Daniels or Angle/Joe again. As for last years being the lowest buyrate of the year ive no idea, but wasn't it headlined by AJ/Daniels? If so theres your answer i guess.

• Paid Members

Destination X last year was remembered by me for the following headline in Power Slam: "TNA staged their best pay-per-view in 12 months, on a night which also saw the return of the six sided ring. Coincidence?" What a goon. Power Slam is so shit these days.

The buyrate should have been the lowest of the year last year. A bunch of X Division matches, with the two top bouts being Daniels vs Styles and Kendrick and Abyss shouldn't be paid for by a single person on planet earth, no matter if the show will be good or not. This year might have the same appeal to people who haven't been following Aries rise. Aries vs Roode might be a combination that buyers might not find appealing. As good as Aries is, he's not Sting or Jeff Hardy to those small portion of fans who will take a spin on TNA's PPVs. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Archived