TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Before the Bell Austin Aries edition is fantastic. It captures the essence of Aries perfectly and gives an insight into the mind and determination of the greatest man that ever lived. This looks like a fantastic card and the X division tournament should make this card a little more unique to the bog standard pay per view. The past two TNA pay per views have been brilliant so long may this trend continue.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I was away for a week so caught up with two episodes of Impact yesterday - all good stuff except for the crying "actress" woman. The build-up to the Aries/Roode match was fantastic!

The best thing about it though was that both of the shows were completely built around adding importance and meaning to the title belts. The World and X Titles were the focus of all the main points from the shows, and even the tag belts were featured in the AJ/Dixie story. They are doing exactly the type of belt-hype that WWE is sorely lacking.

Aries stipulation made sense, created an ongoing angle for years to come, and put over the X Division hugely. Brilliant booking.

Doug lost to Garett Bischoff on Xplosion which was on Wednesday night.

Think that is only the second match I have seen him have on TNA in months.

He lost to who? That's outrageous!

Yeah, last time I saw him was also on Xplosion where he lost to Crimson. What happened to his push? He beat AJ Styles for that Television championship, then he reunited with Magnus and that just kind of fizzled out.

• Paid Members

Words cannot express how little I'm interested in a Styles/Daniels blood feud in 2012. The attempted

murder in the I Quit match last year kind of blew the load on that one.

This is all about Aries/Roode for me. I'll check out that Before The Bell video later. Loving the buzz around Aries at the moment. I've always liked the guy and it's great to see him at the top of his game like this.

Aries stipulation made sense, created an ongoing angle for years to come, and put over the X Division hugely. Brilliant booking.

You have that much faith in TNA? I predict this angle will be forgotten about this time next year, or if not come 2/3 years time it will be quietly sweeped under the carpet.

• Paid Members

You have that much faith in TNA? I predict this angle will be forgotten about this time next year, or if not come 2/3 years time it will be quietly sweeped under the carpet.

I think that's a harsh prediction to make. Yes, TNA have been crap in the past, but keep in mind that the level of consistency and quality of TNA programming recently is unprecedented - they've never had a run this good, this long. So far, it seems they've turned a corner, and there's nothing to suggest that they'll fuck up this particular aspect of their booking, especially if it turns out to be a winner in the next few months.

Maybe, although not as big an angle, didn't Hogan make a "huge" announcment a while back saying "the TV title must be defended on Impact every week" ? Devon hasn't been seen for 2 weeks now! Ive enjoyed TNA of late, but things like this still happen, and always will in the world of pro wrestling, especially in TNA.

And for the record, he didn't even defend it on Xplosion. He didn't appear at the taping.

That isn't TNA's fault though, because that is always going to be a difficult schtick to book. Trying to find time to book a TV title match every week amongst everything else you're doing is always going to be an ordeal. If WWE had done it, they'd have fallen into exactly the same pitfall.

I really, really couldnt care that Devon doesn't defend it everyweek. I mean hes awesome and everything and they did say everyweek so fair enough but do you really need to nitpick that much when there is so much other quality there.

Not singling you out King of Old School but i find the people complaining that Devon isn't defending the title are the same people that would moan that "Devon is on my TV, he shouldnt be Champion" etc...

Archived