TNA Destination X 2012 discussion *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling

Other tournament matches are Kenny King vs Doug Williams, Sonjay Dutt vs Rashad Williams and Flip Casanova vs Zema Ion!

The Last Chance Fourway kicks off Destination X. Winner of that match faces Kid Kash immediately after in tournament!

• Paid Members

HA! I can't believe it. They've put Flip Casanova against Xima Ion. They should have put Flip against Doug or Kid Kash. Someone who can minimize the fuck ups. That has the potential to be a masterclass in cocked up moves.

But Kenny King vs Doug Williams sounds like a belter.

Excited to have someone backstage who will be a great surprise for Destination X tonight.

Any idea who this could be?? I thought maybe PAC as he was reported to have bowed to all 4 corners of the ring in saturdays Dragongate show (which is a sign of saying bye to Japan). Although he also wrestled on sundays show but could maybe have had time to fly to america for the show...maybe.

WOW! Did not expect that! What a moment! Well done A Double sir!Alright PPV, enojoyed a lot of it, but ruined a bit for me by some Impact mongs, what was going on with Daniels and that guy? My stream wasnt that good so couldnt hear the exchange... Then the guy around the same area repeatedly shouting "fruity pebbles" at Zema Ion, he deserved a good slap. The Styles Clash through the table was sick.More thoughts tomorrow, bed for now!

• Paid Members

Loved absolutely everything except maybe we could have had another quick BFG series match, and that tosser in the crowd starting shit chants. He is just the worst type of person.

The bulk of the card was quite average, with the exceptions being Doug/Kenny which was a very good technical battle and AJ/Daniels which was a strong effort and a more violent match than usual from those two.Main event was f'n great. The last stretch was superb from both men.

• Paid Members

I popped huge for the finish of the main event. Never been so happy for a finish of a wrestling match in ages. The right man definitely won. Aries has had star stamped on him since about February. I thought if he lost tonight (which I was 90% sure he was going to) it might have had the same flat feeling as when Roode lost to Angle. But they got this spot on. He was built up so much and he performed so well, that a loss might have been really bad. I hope AJ Styles gets those points up in the BFG series. AJ Styles vs Austin Aries would be incredible. I wonder if the reaction to the Jeff Hardy vs James Storm match on Thursday had any impact on Aries winning the belt? James Storm vs Bobby Roode has been done to death, and Storm came off looking bad with the fans against him when he wrestled a real star. Aries carries himself far better as a babyface as well. And Hogan's obviously high on him. Hogan doesn't put people over onscreen if he doesn't.The card itself was a definite thumbs up. Way to many X Division matches for my liking. The first 90 minutes was hit and miss, but when the real wrestlers hit the screen it picked up huge. Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle was really good. Daniels vs Styles was excellent. The finishing sequence was cracking. Styles is so great at the minute. He didn't have the best 2011, but this year he's been as good as he's ever been. The Ultimate X was hindered with Sonjay Dutt having to leave due to an injury, but it was short and nobody died. The main event was fucking belting. Two wrestlers who played their roles perfectly and put on a cracking match. I loved it. Well done Aries.

Amazing, I was watching this through sleepy eyes as I'm absolutely knackered but from what I saw it seemed a great PPV. The only thing predictable to me was Zima Ion winning the X Title after Jessie Sorensen's speech but it did make sense and it all seems okay to me and if this is where they're heading with an Ion and Sorensen feud then yeah why not? What wasn't predictable was that main event, wow. A very, very small part of me in the very back of my head thought it might happen, that's usually the part which is hoping for a good outcome though. I thought there could be a very tiny chance the X Division guys may make a quick run in if the ref was down to help Aries, but then I was telling myself if that happens it won't end up working, it'll be that glimmer of hope that gets pulled away, ontop of that it'd make Aries look weak as he couldn't do it on his own. Then he went for his finisher and Roode reversed, there's me thinking it's over, but no, second thing the ref bump, maybe the X Division guys might come down, but no, then Roode hits Aries with the Title and I think it's all over, but no it's another chance and it's the one that ended up winning the match, even after Aries hit his finisher perfectly I had a shadow of doubt until that third count was made and I was shocked that TNA actually got it right! Now I just hope WWE Money in the Bank can be as good or even better than this PPV!I'd say 8.5/10 from what I saw.

Archived