The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

Well it's not a particularly high skilled job is it? What would they even ask in an interview that lasted more than five minutes?

Are you saying that horticulture isn't skilled? I bet you couldn't tell the difference between a Quercus Ilex and a Quercus Robur. Never mind the fact I have NPTC certificates to use a chainsaw, brush cutter and pesticides. All are needed to use

the gear in a commercial environment. Not to mention the 2 years I spent in college doing my BTEC HND in horticulture.

Even with security work you need a SIA license and there are different levels with that. The basic one means you can do door and shop work, but I have a higher one than that so I can operate security surveillance systems. The firm I was working for weren't paying me any more than someone with a basic license, because I hated doing door work. The only time I didn't mind doing it was at a pub that had cover bands every Friday and Saturday. All I had to do was sit near the door of the beer garden making sure that people had a stamp on their hand. Even then I would get shit off people trying to blag their way in without paying the 2 quid cover charge.

Can you get a sense of humor license?

Looking back at my previous post I just realised I didn't mention that I was back doing gardening, but many people think security work is mostly populated with tattooed skinhead mouth breathers. Which is unfortunately true, but it isn't always the case and I just needed to get it off my chest.