Times you've cried over sport

AshC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
1993%20wales%201-romania%202-photo%206.JPG

Paul Bodin's penalty miss against Romania in 1993, when a win would have sent us (Wales) to the USA World Cup. Still haven't gotten over it.

Paul Bodin will never be forgiven. Also our 4-0 loss to Italy in 2003.

Rugby:

Wales beat England in 1999.

2005, 2008, 2012 Grand Slams.

Andy Moller running up to the camera to have a laugh and chuckle at England going out of Euro 96 was probably my worst, I kicked the tv and it nearly fell off the stand. I haven't bothered with the national team since.

After the UEFA Cup final in 2003 when Porto beat us 3-2. Sat on my street pavement as a youngster in absolute tears. Also done the same when we lost the league on the last day the next week. So much history could've been made that season and we ended up with nothing yet it is my most memorable and proud time as a Celtic fan.

• Paid Members

Last week i asked myself if i would cry if City lost Monday luckily i didn't find out but come Sunday it maybe answered.

F.A Cup semi against United nearly brought a tear due to being so fucking happy.

• Paid Members
After the UEFA Cup final in 2003 when Porto beat us 3-2. Sat on my street pavement as a youngster in absolute tears. Also done the same when we lost the league on the last day the next week. So much history could've been made that season and we ended up with nothing yet it is my most memorable and proud time as a Celtic fan.

Bloody hell, that's just made me realise that happened NINE years ago. Quality final, Celtic playing the role of underdog babyface perfectly - working hard, but just coming up a little short.

That final was a Larsson masterclass. Dragged the team to at least having a chance.

• Paid Members

Chris Waddle. 1990. You know the rest.

Also, when Andrei Kanchelskis got sent off in the League Cup final against Villa.

I think I may also have cried at at least one of Jimmy White's world championship final losses.

Archived