Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Don't worry, Air Raid - if people have a problem with the first few seasons of Scrubs, then they have a problem with comedy. Ben's death is murderously sad.

What a load of shite. If people have a problem with the first few seasons of Scrubs, they have a problem with poor formulaic comedy with very few likable characters with the bonus of being super preachy.

Scrubs is the most overrated sitcom of the past 10 years.

Look at the main character in JD. He's a fucking antagonist if anything. The anchor of a sitcom should be likable, but he's the most unlikable character of all time, and that's not subverting the genre, he's just fucking shit. Then there's Dr Cox who gets boring after about 8 episodes with his "DAMN, HE'S AN ARSEHOLE, BUT HE'S ACTUALLY A REALLY GOOD GUY!", then there's the interracial relationship (note neither of them is white, not that brave), then there's the idiotic woman who in series 3 became IDIOTIC YET FIT But if we reference Chips and The Jeffersons enough with KKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYY cut scenes, no-one will notice.

It's not even like Frasier, Curb, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Father Ted, Bottom, Fawlty Towers or GEORGE COSTANZA where being a wanker is charming and funny. It's just fucking annoying, and boring. It makes a loser into a fucking winner. It's like the writers live vicariously through the tit.

Scrubs is the Sixth Form poet of sitcoms. It's the live action family guy. Comedy for wankers.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Never cried over telly or films but I DID feel a lump in the throat for Blackadded Goes Forth. The line when George goes "The Great War, 1914-1917..." Gets me feeling sad. They really put a lot of thought into that last episode and it provokes all kinds of emotions. Excellent writing.

More recently, the ending of Ashes to Ashes. Was a shame to see such established characters meet their supposed ends. Gene Hunt was brilliant.

• Paid Members

I think Scrubs is decent enough if theres nout much else on but there's no overstating how much of an annoying twat J.D is. The straw that broke the camel's back was him pining after Elliot for ages, taking her off her boyfriend then going I don't love her, only to go back pining in like two seasons. What a melt, he was supposed to be sympathetic but much of the bad things that happened to him he brought on himself.

Amazingly, they managed to find an even bigger cunt to play his brother. Those two should be lined up back to back taken out with one magnificent bullet.

Anyways, this discussion is crying out JLM's 'And there it was...' rantings.

• Paid Members
2582063[/url]']

But I think the only time I've ever properly and uncontrollably been crying was last year with a film called Hachi: A Dogs tale. Don't watch it. It's fucking heartbreaking. Basically the first half of the movie is the dog coming to meet Richard Gere at the station every day after work, and them having great times together, then Gere ups and dies, but the dog doesn't realise, and sits and waits for him at the station every day for the rest of his life. Base on a true story too :(

I'm a fucking softy with any films with extremely cheesy, happy endings. Watching the Cool Runnings blokes carry the sled over the finish line slays me. Junior's Dad opens his coat to reveal a Jamaica T Shirt, the German team stand impressed, and the rest of the world goes crazy for them.

Great stuff.

how did i know you'd bust out some Cool Running's.

Hachi sounds heartbreaking, you pretty much ruined the movie for me there but i had no real intention of watching it because it knew it would be sad :confused:

i'll throw one into the hat, the ending of The Straight Story had me blubbering, such a sad tale.

really got me as well.

• Moderators
But I think the only time I've ever properly and uncontrollably been crying was last year with a film called Hachi: A Dogs tale. Don't watch it.

I haven't seen this, but it was filmed on my university's campus while I was there.

Think I'll give it a miss...sounds horrible :(

A scene that always makes me blubber like a baby is when Dumbo goes to see his mother and he gets cradled by her through the bars of the cage. If that doesn't tug the heart strings you have a heart of stone.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title. The fact it inserts all the mother and children sleeping with that song, I always have to excuse myself from the room.

Agree with Watership Down, my dad loves watching it and we kept rabbits so watching Hazel at the end is tragic. The rest of the film is just sadistic.

I thought the whole Jackson assisted suicide in Emmerdale was very well done. It made me shed one or two I can tell you that.

Almost forgot, Turner and Hooch when Hooch is on that table after being shot. Damn you Tom Hanks, damn you.

Only 2 films have made me cry, Transformers The Movie when prime dies when I saw it in the cinema as a kid. The other still gets me today and it is Project X. When Goliath has to fetch the fire extinguisher for a cigarette... gets me EVERY time.

I got choked up by Up and and Toy Story 3. Also, Henry Rollins at the end of 'Talking From The Box' when he talks about Joe Cole... I find that hard to watch.

Rollins talking about Joe Cole...

Archived