Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

Do-It-For-Her-maggie-simpson-653752_430_323.jpg

This episode absolutely breaks me. Just seeing that image makes me well up.

Toy Story 3 didn't get me, perhaps because I'd been told so many times it had such an amazing emotional ending, and my expectations were too high. Or maybe it just isn't as good as the first one, which breaks me up at least twice every time I see it.

I cry at the stupidest things on TV these days, any kind of emotional moment which seems really heartfelt and not forced has a chance of getting to me if I'm in the right mood.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cried when Stingray died in neighbours. Sad moment.

Also there was an episode of Holby city a few years a go that had be and my girlfriend blubbering like babies. Where one of the characters takes his wife to an assisted suicide clinic in Switzerland. Was beautifully acted.

I had a lump in my throat when Friends ended I'm not too ashamed to admit. Genuine emotion as something I'd watched for 10 years growing up came to an end.

• Paid Members

not cry, but the most emotion that ever came out of me during a tv show was in an old episode of London's Burning, when Billy fell in the acid...i threw my pencil case at the tv and screamed 'why!!!!?!?!?'.

Billy survived :)

• Paid Members

Pretty much every WWE tribute and the occassional retirement has caused me to blink them back in the least. The "Hurt" version of the Eddie Guerrero one though was a proper teary one.

For me it was the "Here Without You" video that I believe aired on Raw the day after Eddie died. My best mate (who is a bit of a tosser) actually sings it when we go to the karaoke, and because I've nearly always had four or five pints by that point, it's a real battle to stop the memories from flooding back of just how bad I felt right at that moment.
The song I think was half of it, as I've shed tears a couple of times at the Johnny Cash video too. Especially the VH1 version with the pop-up boxes that tell us his wife died a coupld of days after filming.

The Nana scene when Barbara is doing her hair. I can't think of anything more beautifully written and shot. Two fine fine actors absolutley nailing it.

More recently, the ending of Ashes to Ashes.

'Way of the world Alex...way of the world'

Pretty much every WWE tribute and the occassional retirement has caused me to blink them back in the least. The "Hurt" version of the Eddie Guerrero one though was a proper teary one.

For me it was the "Here Without You" video that I believe aired on Raw the day after Eddie died. My best mate (who is a bit of a tosser) actually sings it when we go to the karaoke, and because I've nearly always had four or five pints by that point, it's a real battle to stop the memories from flooding back of just how bad I felt right at that moment.
I forgot about these. I really cried over both Eddie Guerrero tribute videos, the "Hurt" video on RAW (shame "Hurt" was removed on the RAW repeats) and the "Here Without You" video on Smackdown.

I have to second the votes for The Royle Family special with Nana. The bit where she dies is obviously sad but the scene where Barbara is doing her hair is absolutely heartbreaking. I just re-watched it now and welled up. I reckon if it still has me in tears 5 or 6 years after I first saw it it's going to get me me for ever.I think it's been mentioned but I also agree with the episode of Fools and Horses where Rodney gets married. Again the episodes where Cassandra miscarries or Grandad dies are more obviously sad I suppose but that shot of Del on his own when Rodney is waving bye to everyone. You just feel so sorry for him.

"Pay it Forward" All that little boy wanted to do was bring happiness into this world. He didn't deserve it!There was an episode of Monk where he adopts a little boy and bonds with him. Then he realises he has to give up the child at the end of the episode. Heart Breaking.

• Paid Members

WELL, since this thread has been bumped today, might as well mention this, which I've been reminded of every time I've seen Scrubs on the EPG the last few days....

then there's the idiotic woman who in series 3 became IDIOTIC YET FIT

Something stands out about that statement in the midst of a venemous anti-Scrubs rant. Knowing what series Eliott had her makeover.... well, that just strikes me as something only a fan of the show would know...? In fact, I am a fan, and I had to double check that fact. First episode of the series, entitled My American Girl.Anything you wanna confess, Sidebottom? ;)Incidentally, I'm very glad that you put "series" 3. I loathe the Americanism of referring to a "season" and can't help but think "WANKER!" when I hear someone in real life say "season" whichever.

• Paid Members

Draws a bath sounds so ridiculously English, Victorian even. I love the struggle of Yanks to know what to call a Penny Farthing. A "High Wheel"? A "Big Wheel"? Fucking fuckity fuckton, call it a Penny Farthing, Yankwits. It doesn't have to be all about you, with your World Series of bullshit sportery.

Archived