Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I blub over pretty much any movie or TV you put in front of me. Real life, nothing, but films - Niagra Falls, Frankie angel. I bottles it all up, and it comes leaking out whenever the music starts to swell. If it's animal related, I'll be completely gone.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I live by myself I still like to hold back the tears. If only not to embarrass myself in front of my dog. The last time I felt myself welling up was during Louis Theroux's Dementia Doc. It was the last minute or so when it showed you a daughter painting the nails of her dementia suffering mum. That was fucking hertbreaking. I literally bawled when I watched E.T when I was about seven. I still get the piss ripped out of me today by my sister. I also remember being incredibly sad when Ronnie's long lost daughter Danielle died in Eastenders. Sad in both descriptions of the word.

• Paid Members
2582063[/url]']

But I think the only time I've ever properly and uncontrollably been crying was last year with a film called Hachi: A Dogs tale. Don't watch it. It's fucking heartbreaking. Basically the first half of the movie is the dog coming to meet Richard Gere at the station every day after work, and them having great times together, then Gere ups and dies, but the dog doesn't realise, and sits and waits for him at the station every day for the rest of his life. Base on a true story too :(

I'm a fucking softy with any films with extremely cheesy, happy endings. Watching the Cool Runnings blokes carry the sled over the finish line slays me. Junior's Dad opens his coat to reveal a Jamaica T Shirt, the German team stand impressed, and the rest of the world goes crazy for them.

Great stuff.

how did i know you'd bust out some Cool Running's.

Hachi sounds heartbreaking, you pretty much ruined the movie for me there but i had no real intention of watching it because it knew it would be sad :confused:

i'll throw one into the hat, the ending of The Straight Story had me blubbering, such a sad tale.

• Paid Members
Pretty much every WWE tribute and the occassional retirement has caused me to blink them back in the least. The "Hurt" version of the Eddie Guerrero one though was a proper teary one.

For me it was the "Here Without You" video that I believe aired on Raw the day after Eddie died. My best mate (who is a bit of a tosser) actually sings it when we go to the karaoke, and because I've nearly always had four or five pints by that point, it's a real battle to stop the memories from flooding back of just how bad I felt right at that moment.

-Scrubs

The true end of Scrubs; with JD meeting everyone from his past as he leaves for the 'final' time and then sees his future.

These were two of the first I thought of, but Scrubs has been fairly universally derided on here before, so I didnt. But screw peer pressure, it was a show I loved. A moment that always leaves me shaken (but not tearful) is when Dorian warns Cox - as he had done for him - the second he blames himself there's no coming back and Perry replies "you're right" and goes, after the transplant patients have all died.... rough.

• Paid Members

Scrubs was fantastic but went on so long that everyone's flaws were the only things left. J.D is annoying from the start, but by the later seasons he's unbearable.

Don't worry, Air Raid - if people have a problem with the first few seasons of Scrubs, then they have a problem with comedy. Ben's death is murderously sad.

Scrubs was an incredibly odd show, season to season. The style and pace changed dramatically throughout its run. I *think* it was season seven it started to go downhill, for me anyway. I always loved the moral side of the episodes, even though people thought those parts were shit. Plus I would really like to bang Sarah Schalke.

Can we have games too? If so, Red Dead Redemption when John dies. I got far too attached to that character. Having to play as Jack afterwards just wasn't the same. As for films and TV, most of what's already said plus Edward Scissorhands and Andy's speech in the christmas special of Extras.

• Paid Members
Can we have games too? If so, Red Dead Redemption when John dies. I got far too attached to that character. Having to play as Jack afterwards just wasn't the same.

That ending just annoyed the shit out of me. Not only because I hate endings where the main character dies, but because it kills the flow of the game completely. Having to play as his lame son is just the worst, and the game could have ended just as well without John dying.

Archived