Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

Usually films I watched as a kid; whereas normal people just mark out for films they loved as a kid, I get sentimental and nostalgic about a simpler time and end up blubbing.

The Christmas Toy (1986) Blubbed as a kid. Saw it last Christmas, blubbed about 10 times worse.

Also, tom thumb (1958) - I couldn't get through the fist 10 minutes without weeping.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I welled up a bit at the end of the Christmas episode of The Office, and also a couple of times in the US Office.

Ditto. Most notably for me on Michael's last episode, where Jim goes into Michael's office and realises that he is leaving today rather than tomorrow.

I have 4 films in which I get pretty choked up every time, and it's only 1 scene in each film.

Forrest Gump - "He's so smart Jenny".

The Green Mile - "Roll on two".

Cast Away - "I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly".

Of Mice & Men - "And I get to tend the rab...".

• Paid Members

I get where you are coming from, but we saw it in English class at our school and the sadness was understated by the sheer amount of "spastic" based humour directed towards Lenny. We must have seen the film about 5 times in the space of a year. Even the teacher joined in on Lenny being a bit special.

When Kel finally made it back after being held up by the slow old man in the photo shop, only to find that Kenan had already set off for his new home.

I never usually cry properly, just watery eyes and maybe a solitary tear before the sadness just disappears, but after watching the Senna movie I had to do my best to hold it in so nobody in the next room would hear me.

I get where you are coming from, but we saw it in English class at our school and the sadness was understated by the sheer amount of "spastic" based humour directed towards Lenny. We must have seen the film about 5 times in the space of a year. Even the teacher joined in on Lenny being a bit special.

We had the same at our school, but I ignored all of that. I loved the film and actually got me to read the book (first book I read). I still watch it every so often and it gets me every time.

Just Films for me

Toy Story 3 - End

Senna - Funeral

Shawshank Redemption - Reunion on the beach

I have probably cried to more, but these are my most recent crys. Toy Story 3 I was balling for a good half hour when I watched at home, I sucked it up at the cinema.

Here is the funeral scene in Senna, you would have to watch the whole film/documentary to appreciate it, or at least know a bit about F1 and Senna.

On Mice and Men would get me now, but when I watched it like Ian above I was in a college classroom, so I could hardly ball my eyes it there.

Its funny people have mentioned Fraiser and The Office, neither ever got me crying despite them being 2 of my favourite shows of all time.

• Moderators

The fourteen-year-old me was sent out into the hallway for suggesting they retitle the film as "Lenny is Bent"

I took a course with those faggots at GLAAD to help me understand why my actions were wrong.

I remember getting all teary eyes at the end of Best Of The Best when I was younger when they swap medals etc and I still can't watch Mick'y death scene in Rocky 3 without getting choked up I usually change channels or fast forward the DVD.

I well up quite a lot and cry fairly often at things. I cry at books and music too. Yes I am a man... Like recently I've been watching both Friday Night Lights and The West Wing and both the title music just makes me well up and get goosebumps.

The most recent thing I cried at was Dances With Wolves - "Dances With Wolves! I am Wind In His Hair. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?". Also cry at most Disney things. The most recent cinema crying was me gurning and laughing most of the way through 50/50.

Oh, and I haven't watched Watership Down since I was a youngster, I'm always terrified it'll reduce me to a blubbering mess of a human being that can't cope with anything after. I can't listen to Bright Eyes either. My Girl is probably another childhood weepy.

• Paid Members

When Shane Ritchie's mum copped it in Eastenders or when Dot Cotton murdered that other old lady. Fucked my shit up and I don't watch the shows - it was just a 100 dfds dfds moments thing (I think). Old people dying fucks shit up.

Also Toy Story 3 ruined me. The end of season 4 in Dexter. Couple of episodes of House. Couple of things in Sopranos - Bobby Bacala's death near the end :-(

Also dunno if I missed it mentioned but Blackadder Goes Forth - the final scene. Wrenches the heart strings.

• Paid Members
Tearjerking classics for me at the end of Big Fish, and the start of Up. I can't rewatch the second one, it's too much.

Fucking hell, the start of Up is brutal. Heartbreaking for a Disney film anyway, especially right near the beginning.

The last episode of The Office, when Dawn comes back, wells me up with tears of joy.

Add me to the Toy Story 3 lot, when Andy gives his toys to that little girl.

I've never been one to get emotional over films/tv, so the above three were obviously done so bloody well considering they've all been mentioned a few times on here.

Archived