Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
My one is Billborough's death in Cracker at the hands of Robert Carlyle. Jesus fucking Christ, that was intense. McGovern reduced me to tears with 'Hillsborough' as well.

Good shout. From the moment Carlyle touches his wife up in the supermarket to get him to chase him, you knew he was fucked but bloody hell, the way he died was just horrific. McGovern is a wonderful writer but everyone involved in that episode was brilliant.

This is evidence... this is a dying man's statement. I know what a defence lawyer will try to do. I'm of sound mine. I'm frightened, yeah, I don't want to die. I'm frightened, but I'm thinking straight. He had a photocopy of Nolan pinned to the wall. He fully intended to kill me. He stabbed me in cold blood. Are you listening, Jimmy? I want you to get this bastard, Jimmy, OK? For me and Catriona... get the bastard! Catriona... oh, God, Catriona... what will I tell her?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm glad I'm not the only person who cried at the last episode of Fresh Prince. I've been openly mocked about that for years. Generally anything with an old couple where one dies, anything with a dog, or any endings or goodbyes in long running shows fuck me up. The last episodes (or what should have been the last episode) of Fools and Horses, where they become millionaires and walk off into the sunset got me big time.

But I think the only time I've ever properly and uncontrollably been crying was last year with a film called Hachi: A Dogs tale. Don't watch it. It's fucking heartbreaking. Basically the first half of the movie is the dog coming to meet Richard Gere at the station every day after work, and them having great times together, then Gere ups and dies, but the dog doesn't realise, and sits and waits for him at the station every day for the rest of his life. Base on a true story too :(

In Friday Night Lights, when Smash gets accepted into college. From where he and his family get the letter, to when he says thank you to Coach and then goes with the guys to play around on the field one last time. I never liked his character that much, but I welled up completely.

Same during The Son ep in S4. The actor who played Matt really deserved more recognition for that performance especially when trying to hold it together at Coach's house and then his speech at the funeral.

Oz, for Cyrils "execution".

LOST, when Charlie died and in the flashback when Locke finds out his dad has conned him out of his kidney.

Michael's last episode of The Office when Jim tells him how great a boss he turned out to be.

• Paid Members

Toy Story 3 absolutely destroyed me. I have no idea why, I'm not particulary nostalgic for my childhood. I was in the cinema with all my mates, watching him hand over the toys and was blubbering like my Mum had just died. Genuine full on crying like I haven't done since I was a kid. Something about that ending just hit me. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it now.

The 'Do It For Her' episode of the Simpson is also one that hits me.

• Paid Members

Just thought of another one that had me full on blubbering, the ending to Man On The Moon. Everyone singing that song, laughing and crying at the same time.

Also the final montage to the Wire, without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it (can't imagine there's too many of you left though) there's one particualr moment that just melts my heart. Redemption is the word I'd use.

• Paid Members
2582063[/url]']

But I think the only time I've ever properly and uncontrollably been crying was last year with a film called Hachi: A Dogs tale. Don't watch it. It's fucking heartbreaking. Basically the first half of the movie is the dog coming to meet Richard Gere at the station every day after work, and them having great times together, then Gere ups and dies, but the dog doesn't realise, and sits and waits for him at the station every day for the rest of his life. Base on a true story too :(

Fuck man, that has ruined my afternoon. I never, ever, want to see that.

I'm a fucking softy with any films with extremely cheesy, happy endings. Watching the Cool Runnings blokes carry the sled over the finish line slays me. Junior's Dad opens his coat to reveal a Jamaica T Shirt, the German team stand impressed, and the rest of the world goes crazy for them.

Great stuff.

Archived