Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know a lot of people still get this recommended and will be watching it for the first time so I will spoilerise.

Oz:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Cyril O'Reilly's first execution where he gets the last minute stay. The cut back to Emerald City where they're all banging on their pods absolutely killed me. His actual execution was horrible as well of course, but the first one was the one that really got me.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

End of "Marley & Me" is just so sad. I don't think I can watch it again.

"The Killing Fields" ending always makes me bubble:

On the tv front, it probably doesn't count because it's designed for kicking off the waterworks but, there's been a couple of times Noels Christmas Presents has done it over the last 5 years.

There was one, about 15 years ago, were Noel got "The Hollies" to play "He ain't heavy, he's my brother" in a guy's back garden who was dying from Cancer. It was sent from his brother. I'm sure it'll be on Youtube, but I'll be damned if I'm going through that again.

I'm not going to get into what makes me bubble, but my wife just needs to hear the first couple of notes of Jesse's flashback song from Toy Story 2 ("When she loved me" I think) and it gets her going, even if hummed to her out of context.

There's been a few, never blubbering or anything just secretly makes me feel a bit emotional. Near the ending of Toy Story 3 got me, the Fresh Prince episode where Will keeps falling asleep so he gets some pills to keep him awake. But instead of him taking them, Carlton takes the whole bottle at the school dance and ends up calapsing and having to be rushed to hospital. Also Star Trek Generations when Captain Picard enters the Nexus and he is spending Christmas Day with the family that he had just been told had burnt to death in a house fire :cry: Also Star Trek Nemesis (Even though the film is pretty bad), the ending where Data dies has always got me.

Since having a child i cry at TV at least once a week - anything to do with Chil;dren, Animals, Old People, Death or people doing nice things.

Its rendered me absolutely useless.

• Paid Members
samend2.jpg

Just to add insult to injury, that's not how you spell 'Beckett'.

My one is Billborough's death in Cracker at the hands of Robert Carlyle. Jesus fucking Christ, that was intense. McGovern reduced me to tears with 'Hillsborough' as well.

• Paid Members

Prison Break Finale when....

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Michaels son runs over to his grave and leaves the flower on the headstone. Always gets me abit choked up

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The Charlie scene in the sub from Lost

Marley and Me, i remember being on a first date with a lass and we went to see this. Really had to hold it back at the end on that one.

The Green Mile.

EDIT for grammar.

• Awards Moderator
My one is Billborough's death in Cracker at the hands of Robert Carlyle. Jesus fucking Christ, that was intense. McGovern reduced me to tears with 'Hillsborough' as well.

Good shout. From the moment Carlyle touches his wife up in the supermarket to get him to chase him, you knew he was fucked but bloody hell, the way he died was just horrific. McGovern is a wonderful writer but everyone involved in that episode was brilliant.

• Paid Members

Did anyone else ever see the original series of 'Down to Earth' when the Dad died? That totally shocked me and took me a few days after to get over. They were finally so happy together!

Anyway, if anyone here doesn't get emotional over the following screengrabs, you are not human.

dumboclassicdisney46131.jpg

woodygoodbye.jpg

tumblrlxkdfsoyiu1r45gwa.png

lionkingmufasadeatha.jpg

disney4339310.jpg

• Paid Members

Good shout. From the moment Carlyle touches his wife up in the supermarket to get him to chase him, you knew he was fucked but bloody hell, the way he died was just horrific. McGovern is a wonderful writer but everyone involved in that episode was brilliant.

I watched this episode last week and it is brilliant. I'm not a massive McGovern fan for one reason or another, but he was clearly at his best with Cracker and especially with To Be A Somebody.

Didn't cry, though. :cool:

• Awards Moderator

I watched this episode last week and it is brilliant. I'm not a massive McGovern fan for one reason or another, but he was clearly at his best with Cracker and especially with To Be A Somebody.

Didn't cry, though. :cool:

He was brilliant when he was writing Brookside, too. You know, in the 80s when it wasn't all about lesbian incest with a dead priest in a wheelchair or something.

Archived