Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
The last thing that really knackered me up was when Dr Greene died in ER. Jesus...me and the Mrs were wailing like a pair of banshee's!

I didn't really follow ER, but the missus did so I'd be reading or whatever when it was on. This was just a couple of weeks after my Mum died of cancer, and there was a bit where Alex Kingston (I think) says something to effect of "I've got no intentions of just sitting here and watching you die", and that set me off like nothing else. Usually I get a bit of a "leaky eye", and I think to myself as a daft bugger, but I absolutely bawled over that bit.

When I was about 17, BBC2 showed The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb, a quirky stop-motion thing. It was so ridiculously depressing though, that I found myself having a bit of a sob. Bjork's Dancer In The Dark is similar.

Pretty much every WWE tribute and the occassional retirement has caused me to blink them back in the least. The "Hurt" version of the Eddie Guerrero one though was a proper teary one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
i4pifl.jpg

I know it ended a couple of years ago, but I only just watched Lost, and don't want to spoil it for others:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There is a moment when Sun and Jin have just remembered, and Sawyer walks in, still clueless. I was already reeling by then, and me and the missus both choked out a sob when we realized that he was going to see Juliet, and finally get a bit of happiness

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

tv moments that get/got me welled up:

zack and kelly's breakup on saved by the bell (yes flame away, but when i was younger that was heartbreaking)

the above futurama moment, and jurassic bark

the scene in the simpsons episode where homer has heart surgery and has to have the talk with bart and lisa incase he doesn't make it

film moments

optimus prime's death in transformers the movie

the ending of toy story 3

• Paid Members
You seen it?

Yes. And i thought the ended was sad (it was also cheesy). And while I did think it would be the kind of film that would jerk a tear from the odd person here and there, the mass out pouring of tears for it is pretty shocking if you ask me. I remember people saying the end was so sad when it first came out the cinema, I even remember hearing a DJ on the radio warning people before they went to see it, that the ending was devastatingly sad. I heard this and assumed that they killed Buzz or something drastic like that. Because of this, I nearly got emotional in the scenes at the dump where it looked like Woody or Buzz wouldn

You seen it?

Yes. And i thought the ended was sad (it was also cheesy). And while I did think it would be the kind of film that would jerk a tear from the odd person here and there, the mass out pouring of tears for it is pretty shocking if you ask me. I remember people saying the end was so sad when it first came out the cinema, I even remember hearing a DJ on the radio warning people before they went to see it, that the ending was devastatingly sad. I heard this and assumed that they killed Buzz or something drastic like that. Because of this, I nearly got emotional in the scenes at the dump where it looked like Woody or Buzz wouldn

• Paid Members
When Kel finally made it back after being held up by the slow old man in the photo shop, only to find that Kenan had already set off for his new home.

Big time! I was quite young at the time and I was welling up liek a motherfucker!

The "Robo McFist Flashback" scene is still one of my favourite scene in a sitcom of all time!

• Paid Members
I thought most people where talking about the bit in the furnace, no? That was the bit that nearly got me anyway.

No, for me it was definitely the part where Andy hands his toys over to the little girl. I've watched it a few times and I still fucking well up.

Archived