Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The furnace scene is pretty bad but yeah I'm also another one for the end scene, I dunno what it is, but growing up with those films it was kinda the end of my true childhood with me being about the same age Andy was in the final film.

Couple for me:

The Muppets Movie (current one not the original) there's a bit that was in the advertisements with the cast singing Rainbow Connection which had me crying buckets in the cinema for some reason.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is near perfect for always causing some form of crying, Americans really know how to do it best, but that show is generally always just hell to watch.

Up traumatized me.

The end of Boy Meets World where Feeney is alone in the classroom after saying goodbye to all of them and says 'I love you all' was another.

Have to agree on Keenan and Kel.

The true end of Scrubs; with JD meeting everyone from his past as he leaves for the 'final' time and then sees his future. Scrubs was another good one for tearjerkers, there's at least 4 scenes I could count that make me cry every time.

Finally, the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, both the final episode but also the episode where Will meets his Dad. Both of those get me when I watch them.

I feel my masculinity dripping away, but I blame my childhood for most of these.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Oh, I’ve thought of one, inspired by the Dumbo one a few posts up. The Land Before Time, when Littlefoot is walking along alone, and see the shadow of what he thinks is his dead mother against the cliff. He fills with joy and rushes towards it, and the shadow gets smaller and smaller until he realizes that its his own shadow and he is all alone.

I definitely recall crying over The Land Before Time when I was a kid, but can't remember why. So yeah, it was probably this too.

Finally, the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, both the final episode but also the episode where Will meets his Dad. Both of those get me when I watch them.

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS?!

• Paid Members

I got a lump in my throat with the furnace scene in Toy Story 3, but it was the bit where Andy gave them away that got me. I think mainly for the same reason Toilet Rapper said in that I'd grown up with the Toy Story series and it was genuinely nice to see it come to a happy end.

• Paid Members

I didn't bother with films. There's far too many to name that turn me into a total wreck. TV seems to be a bit rarer. I think the first time film made me cry was when Johnny #5 got the shit kicked out of him. Didn't enjoy that as a lad at all. But, to give you an idea of how pathetic i am when it comes to films Little Miss Sunshine managed to get me tearful. I can't remember what it was that did it though. Then again, i was all over the place and an emotional state in general at the time. Anything set me off.

The Futurama i mentioned though is a big one. Probably because of how my relationship has evolved with my brother but also because it was just....so...unexpected! As heartbreaking as Jurassic Bark is, by the time that came around they'd nailed the emotional ending and actually had a few good ones. Luck of the Fryrish was the first time the sneaky bastards pulled it out the bag and it completely got me, toyed with my heart and just totally blew me away.

• Paid Members

Skiving a week's worth of Film lessons to avoid watching My Sister's Keeper for my exam is probably up there with avoiding crying at films in front of people, gonna have to put myself through it by Monday I'd guess.

I watched 50/50 the other month back and pretty much cried the entire way through, which was weird because i've sat through all the girly tearjerker films while I was at uni (My Sister's Keeper, The Notebook, etc. etc.) and not cried once (or even felt the need to cry), yet with this - I couldn't stop.

I blame this on finally being in a relationship and turning less of a heartless bastard.

The only other time before that was when Forrest Gump chokes up while asking if his son is stupid like him.

• Paid Members

Real men embrace their tears PunkStep.

On the tv front, it probably doesn't count because it's designed for kicking off the waterworks but, there's been a couple of times Noels Christmas Presents has done it over the last 5 years.

I'm a sucker for an emotional story though. I read a little story yesterday about a cab driver in NYC giving an elderly lady a ride, really going out if his way for her and not charging her and realizing that she may well have gone on and died very shortly afterward and it got me.

I am a soppy big bugger at the best of times, so the following have all had me blubbing like a baby;

The end of Planes Trains and Automobiles, "I don't have a home, Marie's been dead for 8 years"

Marley and Me, well any film involving dogs

Forrest gump when he asks if his son is smart or not.

When Madge died in Neighbours

When Nana died in the Royle Family

Pretty much the last hour of Life is Beautiful

• Paid Members

Don't think I've ever cried at the telly, but the ending of Dinosaurs abolutely destroyed me as a child. It's the baby's eyes that do it!

I sat in stunned silence after the ending to The Shield's 5th season as well. That was a sore one.

On the tv front, it probably doesn't count because it's designed for kicking off the waterworks but, there's been a couple of times Noels Christmas Presents has done it over the last 5 years.

Yeah, not in a sad way but HHH turning out to be the nicest man in the universe nearly got me going.

• Paid Members
When Nana died in the Royle Family

Oh yeah, I forgot how wrenching this was. Points in particular for the performances as Nana lies dying, especially Craig Cash and Ricky Tomlinson - the cut from a brooding Jim at the opposite end of the room, to him crying his eyes out, gets me every single time.

Archived