Times you've cried over telly or films

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Or says 'EPL'.

Oh, bang on. I've noticed a lot of Scottish lads do that, presumably because we refer to their league as the SPL, but for fuck's sake they refer to it as the SPL. "UCL" is also a hateworthy abbreviation for me. Do we really need reminding that it's the UEFA Champions League we refer to, as opposed to that other Champions League??

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Or says 'EPL'.

Oh, bang on. I've noticed a lot of Scottish lads do that, presumably because we refer to their league as the SPL, but for fuck's sake they refer to it as the SPL. "UCL" is also a hateworthy abbreviation for me. Do we really need reminding that it's the UEFA Champions League we refer to, as opposed to that other Champions League??
Scottish Premier LeagueEnglish Premier LeagueI guess we're so used to using the abbreviation of the Scottish Premier League that the natural thing to do would be to refer to the English Premier League as the EPL.Now back when it was branded as The Premiership, then it would've sounded weird!

• Paid Members

RESTROOMS. Fucking hell. Also, how daft is it when Yanks say they are going to the bathroom in restaurants and similar public settings? There's no bath in there, retards.

Now back when it was branded as The Premiership, then it would've sounded weird!

I'm actually such a freak about these matters that it grinds on me these days when people talk about who will win the "Premiership" this year, because it's not called that anymore (!) so it baffles me why people would still say it. I probably need some help.

He was brilliant when he was writing Brookside, too. You know, in the 80s when it wasn't all about lesbian incest with a dead priest in a wheelchair or something.

This is prob showing on BBC4 right now. Personally Mel Gibson reuniting with his lost love in Forever Young got me

Recently watched the film "A Little Bit of Heaven" starring Kate Hudson as a thirtysomething who discovers she has cancer.When will I learn??!!!As a Sci-fi/Horror fan I rarely stray into anything even vaguely romantic or soppy which is probably slightly unusual for a woman (I haven't even seen Mama Mia) but it was a Saturday afternoon, I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch with a passion, so I dipped into this......Don't, ever. Unsurprisingly Hudson's character dies at the end. I must have cried for over an hour AFTER the film had finished. Just couldn't stop.A couple of days later my daughter came home for a flying visit and casually flicked on the tv. I was working but through my concentration the dialogue started to sound familiar. Too late I realised and, as if in slow motion, I'm shouting "No, don't....it's too sad". Seeing my way over the top reaction my daughter wisely changed channels but a few days later I got a text saying "caught the rest of that film on sky, yeah it was sad wasn't it".You have been warned......

• Paid Members

I once recall a yank on Big Soccer stating that Ranger's Maurice Edu was far too good for the Scottish league and he should try and move to a team in the British Premier. I had to turn my computer off I was so annoyed.

There's a video on YouTube somewhere of Rio Ferdinand appearing on an American home shopping channel to plug something he was endorsing. IIRC, he was referred to as the captain of 'the British football team' and 'the Manchester Red Devils'. No! Fuck off with you Yanks having to gimmick every team!

To add to the discussion earlier on, when I was in primary school I asked the teacher if I could go to the toilet mid-lesson and she gave me a right bollocking for calling it the toilet and said I should refer to it as the bathroom. Even aged 10 I thought this was ridiculous and wanted to tell her to fuck off.

Archived