The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
When we got to the top 3 I assumed Fight Club and Shawshank were still coming, and that one of them would top the list.....but I have absolutely no idea what the other one's going to be. A lot of people seem to think Rocky but I definitely think that one would split the votes too much between the original, 3 and 4. I'm hoping for a comedy but like I said before I think comedy is too subjective to get enough people voting for the same one. I think all of my top 5 have appeared now though so I'm pretty happy with that. My predictions for number 1 are either Scarface, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Anchorman or Monty Python's Life of Brian.

I would've thought Oldboy. Oldboy's the nerds film of choice and as it hasn't made the list so far I'd be amazed if it didn't turn up anywhere. Unless it is on the list and I've missed it - then oops.

I'd wager many on here haven't seen Oldboy, I haven't. For a wrestling forum, folk on here aren't that nerdy.

I'd love for #1 to be Scarface, it's my favourite film of all time, but I don't see it happening.

• Awards Moderator
When we got to the top 3 I assumed Fight Club and Shawshank were still coming, and that one of them would top the list.....but I have absolutely no idea what the other one's going to be. A lot of people seem to think Rocky but I definitely think that one would split the votes too much between the original, 3 and 4. I'm hoping for a comedy but like I said before I think comedy is too subjective to get enough people voting for the same one. I think all of my top 5 have appeared now though so I'm pretty happy with that. My predictions for number 1 are either Scarface, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Anchorman or Monty Python's Life of Brian.

I would've thought Oldboy. Oldboy's the nerds film of choice and as it hasn't made the list so far I'd be amazed if it didn't turn up anywhere. Unless it is on the list and I've missed it - then oops.

I'd wager many on here haven't seen Oldboy, I haven't. For a wrestling forum, folk on here aren't that nerdy.

I'd love for #1 to be Scarface, it's my favourite film of all time, but I don't see it happening.

It'd better bloody not be Oldboy, I watched it about a year or two ago based on the rave reviews it kept getting on here and thought it was dreadful.

When I watched Oldboy it felt like what a teenage boy thinks an art house film should be. Foreign, weird, but loads of violence. I thought it was quite good, but was struggling to work out what the fuss was about. The fact the guy looked like a young Haku didn't help. I wouldn't put it up there with Beat Takeshi's work.

• Paid Members
I didn't vote, but it's going to be Reservoir Dogs judging all the rest of QT's favoured works have already charted and it's very rare to see that or Pulp Fiction in the same chart with the other absent.

I was going to suggest that, but I thought I remembered Gladders saying pulp Fiction was the only QT film in the countdown

Remember that totally awesome Blood Brothers mixtape that I posted up a few pages back?

There's a sequel

Haven't had a listen as yet but I think it might actually be even better than the first from the looks of the tracklisting.

That's fucking excellent. Giving it a listen now and the mixing is smooth as fuck. Great find.