The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

With me and Gladstone being super duper buddies and that, he's told me what wins. One of the best comedic films ever made. Weighty performances, a solid plot, and one of the most quotable films of all time. And I'm going to go behind his back and link you to the winning film in it's entirety

• Moderators
NO-ONE has guessed the number one yet - and I've seen people guess who voted for it, too!

So Anchorman didn't make the Top 50?! That's pretty surprising. I'd definitely have pegged that as having the right mix of 'FF poster adulation and the kind of broad recognition that sees it landing on lists ahead of more culty picks. Planes, Trains... is a good pick though. Everyone loves that movie. If you don't, you should keep your fool mouth shut.

• Paid Members
Step Brothers is so much better than Anchorman, thats my guess

I'd put them pretty close, sure, but you hear Step Brothers spoken about and quoted way less than you do Anchorman.

For quotes, yep Anchorman prob wins it, but having spent most of my childhood fighting with my brother, it just added a bit more to it for me.

Very long shot for the #1 spot, that was wishful thinking.

40 Year Old Virgin?

• Moderators
No way. I think Burchills Buddy sussed it when he guessed Spinal Tap.

I dismissed Tap appearing because I could have sworn someone (possibly even me, my memory is terrible) called it before Gladstone said that nobody had guessed correctly yet.

Personally, I voted for Tap, because it's the greatest comedy of all time. Nothing came even close until Anchorman, 20 years later, and Black Dynamite, 5 years after that.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

I enjoyed Step Brothers, but it wasn't a patch on Anchorman. I like the mix of low-end slapstick and clever social comedy in Anchorman, there's so much going on, whereas Step Brothers is just one gag stretched out for 2 hours.