The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Drowning in work, will drop the number 2 tomorrow.

Is number 2 the cinematic classic "Gladstone Does A Green"?

No, it's the even more classic, "Do You Want To Write This Sodding Shitty Copywriting Instead?"

• Paid Members

I had time to squeeze out that number 2!

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

ShawshankRedemptionMoviePoster.jpg

People wot put it in 1st place: 2

IMDB Rating: 9.2?!!

What's it about?

Tim Robbins gets put in the clink and befriends Morgan Freeman while quietly concocting an escape via shitty tunnel and avoiding bum rape. It's a prison film.

What do we say?

"I know this film is lauded by a ton of people and many people will roll their eyes at this being (my) number 1 but I just love it - a simple story well told." - GBH189

"A movie which beats you into submission untill it finally allows you to smile. The one thing that stands out more than anything for some reason to me is the amazing putdowns of the vile Captain Hadley. "What's your malfunction you fat barrel of monkey spunk?!". Even better is the brilliant exchange between the prisoner he's talking to and another prisoner. "I'm not supposed to be here!" "Of course you're not supposed to be here! It's a fucking prison!"" - The Cum Doctor

"There will be some films in this thread which others may argue get more recognition than they deserve. This can

• Paid Members

I only watched this for the first time the other week, having had it sitting on the shelf for years and anticipating an appearance of it here after voting, i gave it a go.

I really, really enjoyed it. Not sure it would be top 10 material for me but, maybe. Really though, Gladstones last paragraph there sums up my general feeling of it pretty well.

One thing i did take massive enjoyment from it though, was throughout the first 45 minutes of the film being bugged by who Captain Hadley was and where i'd seen that face and heard that voice before. Insisting to the missus we'd seen him in something, the stubborn cow was having none of it. When it finally dropped that he was Kelvin Joe Inman, Desmonds Hatch brother from Lost, i completely lost my shit. I love that guy. What a voice. I almost wish he narrated it, as much as i love Freeman. Would have made it a bit of a different film, mind.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Nah, there's no way Heat or Taxi Driver will top the films that have already come out. Rocky is my pick- but which one? Can't believe Rocky 3 and/or Rocky 4 could miss this list. Shocking.

Shawshank Redemption is very good, but I think it is a tad overrated- as a film that is regarded as one of the all-time best.