The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Fair play.  I can imagine it takes a lot of thought to do tasty food with such limitations, so will focus you.  Had a cracking dessert at my sisters wedding that was vegan.  It was a creme caramel type thing that was made with coconut.  Thought it would be grainy and insipid, but it was one of the nicest puddings I have ever tasted.  Shows what you can do if you put your mind to it.

I'm doing it as a challenging behavioural thought patters kind of thing.  Always thought you need a meat in your main meal but there are many ways of having protein.  My skewed line of thought is if I challenge that belief it'll encourage me to challenge other beliefs, ones that I've had that are damaging but I consider normal (addiction issues), if that makes sense.

• Paid Members

Makes perfect sense.  If you get your urge for meat and dairy under control, it will help train you to fight your more dangerous life issues.  Best of luck with it.

• Paid Members

Keith, on that, I think it might help, although I am basing this on personal anecdote not medical science. I get cravings for meat but am able to control it and have certainly drank less in the week over the timeframe since I became a wrong'un. Am able to have 'a few' without turning into a booze hoover a bit more frequently.

• Paid Members

NEEEENAAAAW NEEEENAAAW 

Yes it's the smashed avocado siren. 

Avocado, lemon juice, lime juice, coriander, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper.

Quick whizz in the blender and it is absolutely divine. Much improved with ginger I tell thee. Serve on ponce bread for extra Avocado points.