The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

It was a great match, but my enjoyment was slightly ruined by just knowing that Australia would pull it back in the end.  Even after Scotland's last try I still thought they would do something to fuck it up, and while it was a questionable referee call to give the penalty away at the end, if Scotland had won their own line-out ball then they would have won.

I'm thrilled Argentina beat Ireland after the shit the Irish give people who dare criticise their darling players.

I've been thinking over the weekend and I think it's time for the WRU to start looking at replacing Rob Howley.  Imagine how good Wales could be if their attack was anywhere near as good as their defence.  We've got George North in our side and he didn't score a single try all tournament, there's something not right there.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No interest in the egg chasing, but I'm fucking delighted that the posh cunts were annihilated by the Argies.

All these band wagon jumping cunts over here in Ireland were sick. I wouldn't mind, but I'd say 90% of the pricks hadn't a clue about Rugby only that you throw the ball backwards...

Fucking Ireland...

So, I take it we're all Argentina fans now then?

I think it's quite hard not to support them now.  Ireland should have beaten them quite comfortable really, but they were excellent.  I can't see them getting passed Australia unfortunately, but this is one heck of an achievement for them.

• Paid Members

Fucking rugby. We deserved to get hammered by Argentina yesterday. Lose two key players and the entire team just gave up belief in it all. Infuriating at times, but we all looked past Argentina and got rightly battered for it.

Scotland game was heartbreaking as well. Fucking TMO's and Refs choking under pressure just ridiculous. You only run from the pitch at the end of a game if you know you've royally cocked up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

40 is no age to go. Arguably the biggest name in rugby of the last 20 years ( how many rugby players got their own computer game) he was actually looking healthy doing the rounds for the World Cup, despite his past health issues.

• Paid Members

Ahhh such sad news. Lomu felt like rugby's first true superstar, i think every kid idolised him when he burst on the scene in 95 in the World Cup (so many great memories of that tournament). Always sucked to see the big man suffer health issues so early in life. Seemed to be doing ok though so its a shock :(

Lomu himself had ties with my hometown. His manager during his playing career Kingsley Jones Sr. is a local man and Lomu came here and played an exhibition game here later in his career. Lucky enough to grab an autograph post game when Lomu was mobbed by about 500 kids on the pitch, great times.

• Paid Members

Sad news. Can't have been the only kid who spent the second half of 1995 trying to trample over my mates being Jonah Lomu. Felt like he was the biggest star on the planet at that point.

My best memory of him though is the game bearing his name for the PS1. That was absolutely brilliant. Spent hours and hours playing it.

Archived