The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

Scott Williams and Hallam Amos are out of the Wales squad, James Hook and Gareth Anscombe have been called in.  I'm totally gutted about Williams, he's been a stand-out performer for us, and we're ridiculously low on centres.  Fuck knows what will happen if Dr. Bob gets injured, imagine a centre partnership of Tyler Morgan and James Hook against Australia.

Nadolo has also been suspended for a tip tackle against Australia so he's out of Thursday's game which is a relief.  Still, I'll be watching that game through my hands waiting for another 2 or 3 injuries.

We'll probably see a backline of Anscombe, Cuthbert, Tyler Morgan, Roberts, North, Biggar, Davies now then.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing game from Wales yesterday, but a win's a win.  They threw away four or five easy tries and didn't seem to want to hold onto the ball, whether it was the aimless kicking or constant turnovers.  Alex Cuthbert was an embarrassment.  He doesn't even seem to be trying anymore.  Put Matthew Morgan on the wing against Australia I reckon, I don't care if he's never played there before, I'd prefer Samson Lee on the wing than Cuthbert at this rate.

I think I'd probably give Hook a go at 13 now.  Tyler Morgan has potential but it's a bit too soon for him.

That's not to take anything away from Fiji though, they were excellent.  I'm thrilled they didn't have Nadolo and Matawalu playing, they could well have stolen it if they did.

Big game tomorrow.  I'll be watching from behind my sofa praying Australia can get us through to the quarters.

That was pathetic from England, I'm glad they're out, they're nowhere near good enough for this tournament.

The level of interest will absolutely die now, which is a shame, let's hope for some more Japan-South Africa type wins, but really doubt it.

Ireland to go all the way!!!

Ireland will win this RWC.

They'll have to go through Australia at some point, and no fucker is beating them. They'll beat the All Blacks and win the whole thing. Yesterday was probably the best Wallaby performance in years which was lovely to watch as a non-Englishman but, at the same time, terrifying to watch as a Welshman. Pocock is ridiculous.

There's word on Twitter that Andy Farrell has been coaching the team rather than Lancaster for x amount of years, and that he has the most say in team selection which led to him picking Burgess over Burrell much to the team's dismay. Interesting few months coming up for English rugby.

• Paid Members

Christ, look at this bit from the above link:

Part of the reason for England players' frustrations with the RFU is because they could only wear headphones supplied by a major sponsor when travelling to games, although captain Chris Robshaw, 29, has advertised their rivals.

Just everything about that line is ridiculous.

I had to read that line a few times to make sure I was reading it properly.

Pikey Mikey Brown had a massive strop on Twitter yesterday about that Hooper clear-out.  I hardly think Brown is the right person to be complaining about referees not responding to ill-discipline, the bloke has probably escaped more yellow cards than he'd like to admit.  

• Moderators

Ah, Mike Brown!

zface.jpg

I don't know what was funnier Brown's petulance and unprofessionalism being interviewed after the Wales game, or 2005 Lions "Legendary Leader" Lord Bald claiming Australia were going to disintegrate. 

Brown's a great player, but he's such an arsehole. I have no positives to say about Lord Bald.

Archived