The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wales are going to have an absolute nightmare on their hands trying to stop Sexton and Murray. I know it's become a bit of a cliche, but now is really the time to break out Plan B, they'll never beat Ireland playing like they did against them last year. Their best bet is to get the ball out wide where the Irish defence isn't nearly as good as their forwards.

The anus is twitching already. This weekend has the potential to send me into a depression the likes of which I haven't seen since Sambo saw red at the world cup. It also has the potential to get me spunking in strangers' hair though, but we all know what happens when a Welshman gets confident.

• Moderators

Sexton  being fit is a bit of a worry, he can really put cocks to the cunt when he's on it, but our tight five is looking reinvigorated. This is really too close to call. Wales by 15. 

Yea its no guarantee that Jonny is gonna be fit and personally I have no faith in Keatley or Madigan to fill his position. Murray has had a really good championship so far though and you can be sure its gonna be box kicks galore from him. 

Slapnut is right though we can be got at on the wings this year especially down Zebos wing. Really cant understand why hes in the team at all. But its gonna be tight either way, cant see there being more than a try in it either way. 

Well I'm assuming everybody has recovered from the weekend, but what a thrilling game on Saturday. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said in the media, but Luke Charteris had the game of his life. I was questioning the decision to play him ahead of Ballsack but he absolutely justified his selection for now and for the foreseeable future. Sam Our Captain was phenomenal as well, best 7 in Europe not named Armitage.

• Moderators

Alun Wyn Jones put in a real shift as well. I can't explain just how pleasing it was to win not only lineout ball, but the OPPPOSITION'S line out ball as well. I've seldom seen that in well over 20 years of watching Welsh rugby.

That 8 minutes when Ireland were pressuring to score and not only did Wales stop them from scoring they managed to get it back up the other end to score was fantastic. They just looked so composed during the set plays which was a godsend instead of a lot of panicking during lineouts and even winning scrums instead of it collapsing or getting turned around.

Now I want to see the french play as good as they can and Scotland to do their best to stop it being a high scoring game.

Gutted, thought Wales had it in the bag. Unfortunately if Gareth Davies hadn't knocked the ball on he probably would've gotten the try and the Italians wouldn't have gotten theirs, putting Wales another 14 points up. They would have walked it.

Some brilliant games though, absolutely excellent. Bring on the World Cup.

• Paid Members

Can't believe after everything we scraped a second 6 nations in a row. Unbelievable day of rugby but it reaffirmed mainly for me just how dreadful the other 3 teams defences have been this tournament. Can't wait for the World Cup, more excited for this than anything football related and thats a first.

Archived