The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

• Moderators

2 games against T1 opposition in 5 days is a game too far for a tier 2 nation like the plucky nips, and I think scheduling needs to be looked at for 2019 to make the groups fairer. Scotland did what they had to do, and should have done with a size and essentially homefield advantage against tired salt throwing legs, but it's going to be far different when they come up against Samoa and the Saffas. They're not out of dodge yet. It's shaping up to be a great pool, is that.

Rumour has it England will be starting Burgess on Saturday. He's a dirty bastard who doesn't tackle legally, using his shoulder instead of his arms, and I'm hoping Dr Bob send him back to cry to his bumchum Russell Crowe in the fake and gay rugby. Dreading "A game too far" possibly affecting us though next week when we've the Public Schoolboys on the Saturday, and the Uncivilised Savages on the Thursday.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

The team to wop the Etonians in their own backyard on Saturday evening:

Liam Williams, George North, Scott Williams, Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Baldwin, Tomas Francis, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (Capt), Taulupe Faletau.
Replacements: Ken Owens, Aaron Jarvis, Samson Lee, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert.

Charteris is unlucky. I thought his strength against the rolling maul would see him included in the first XV. Great to see AWJ back in there, our most vital player for me.

Yeah I think the only change I'd make is Charteris in, but Bradley was really good against Ireland.  We're blessed for locks at the moment, and Charteris will be great coming off the bench at 60'.  I'm also delighted to see Mike Phillips absent.

My arse is already twitching.  I'm going to be a wreck on Saturday.

• Paid Members

All the bonus points are to try and encourage a more exciting game. If you're in a position near the end where you can't win but you can get within 7 points then, in theory you'd still be pushing for a try, rather than giving up or taking a penalty.

Archived