WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, I thought the Rumble match was average to be honest- especially compared to last year. Didn't have that special feel to it, lacked some big names perhaps. Still, I got my prediction that Sheamus would win spot on :thumbsup: That's 11 out of the last 12 years with the correct prediction (Edge screwed me over in 2010 by coming back from injury far too soon)

Sheamus Vs D Bryan should be a good'un (thats if D Byran doesnt loose the best at The Elimination Chamber

Was shocked NOT to see Kane aswell as Christian (was in the arena), Mark Henry & Cena in the rumble and great return for Awesome Kong.

Was a good show happy with it. Would of liked some bigger names early on such as Wade Barrett.

Great show.

I agree that the rumble lacked some sort of 'special' feeling however there were some awsome moments and sequences. I totally loved the socko vs. cobra spot and the most over guys by far were Hacksaw and Road Dogg who looked in great shape. Kharma was a nice suprise too, she looked like a monster. I thought we would have had some Mason Ryan in here but I guess not!

I'm surprised at the negativity, I thought it was a pretty cracking Rumble. The biggest disappointment was Big Show at number 30, I'd convinced myself Jericho was coming in at 30 so when he came out as 29 I expected a surprise name at the end.

Sheamus is more than worthy for a title match at Wrestlemania. I'm guessing Menry will grab the title between now and then, but it'd be nice to see Daniel Bryan keep the belt and have the match that never happened from last year.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed that. I was in stitches when Ricardo Rodriguez came out and the 3 commentators entering was highly entertaining, especially Cole's mannerisms when Kharma came out. The action with the final 2 of Jericho and Sheamus was brilliant as well. I was also really happy with the reaction Road Dogg got, you could tell he was having a blast.

Well, I thought the Rumble match was average to be honest- especially compared to last year. Didn't have that special feel to it, lacked some big names perhaps. Still, I got my prediction that Sheamus would win spot on :thumbsup: That's 11 out of the last 12 years with the correct prediction (Edge screwed me over in 2010 by coming back from injury far too soon)

Im not usually a negative person but....

I thought this years rumble was amazingly dissapointing. As you say, a big lack of names, and they didn't play up to the whole "every superstar is eligible" bollocks. So in otherwords the commentators were allowed in? Was THAT it? Great.

Where was Cena? Where was Kane? Where was Henry? Where was Taker? Where was Triple H? Where was Rock? Where was Bryan? Where was Punk? Where was Clay? Although I appreciate there are ligitimate reasons why each of these men should'nt be in, I just can't help but feel that they needed to bring a few more bigger names in to make this memorable, esspecially with the whole "all superstars are eligible".

Everything outside of the rumble match itself was fine. Awesome reversal to the GTS!

Also what happened to the world ending as we know it? Meh.

Congrats to Sheamus though... hes been great all year and I'm please guy has a Royal Rumble win under his belt.

I dunno... maybe I'm tired and grumpy.... but for me the rumble was pants. Just seem to be mostly filler / jobbers / novelty acts and "surprise returns".

Archived