WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

I can't see past Sheamus for this one. I fancied his chances a couple of weeks ago but since Orton's injury, I can see him getting pushed to high heaven. I'd imagine it'll be a win to face a heel Big Show at Mania.

I have a fantastic record of being wrong about every prediction, mind, so this probably means he'll die getting in to the ring or something.

• Paid Members
WWE says Randy Orton's back in 6 weeks, which probably means he's in the Rumble in a few weeks and will win it. Orton vs Ziggler for the belt would be excellent, in the World title/5th place on the card spot at Mania.

They're surely going to give Orton his win back over Henry at 'Mania.

Do you think we'll get Cena/Kane on this show?

Can't see Cena in the Rumble as his Mania match is already set.

Punk/Dolph, Cena/Kane, Bryan/Henry/Show, a tag match and the Rumble match looks like a pretty decent event to me.

I would imagine we will see Miz/Truth also.

40 seemed like too many people to me. Outside for the CM Punk and Nexus stuff followed by the generic Cena stuff, it seemed like a lot were just running in and getting lashed out with no build up or drama. It also kind of ruins all the rumble statistics so far; as someone who enjoys those tidbits when it says who's been in the longest etc, I didn't want that part getting ruined.

• Paid Members
Do you think we'll get Cena/Kane on this show?

Can't see Cena in the Rumble as his Mania match is already set.

Good point. Looking forward to Cena vs. Kane.

HHH to win it because he can't help himself.

HHH won't be in the Rumble, he's defending the title against Scott Steiner.

Very good.

Are they going back to a 30 man Rumble? The 40 man was refreshing last year.

It was but I honestly can't think of 20 guys I give a shit about right now, let alone 40. Especially considering Punk, Cena, Orton, Trips, Bryan, Henry, Kane and Ziggler unlikely to be involved.

Show looking good though. Assume Cena vs. Kane to be added to Punk vs. Ziggler. I'd add Bryan vs. Big Show and Miz vs. Truth. Then Sheamus winning the Rumble from number one, throwing out all 29 by himself. That'd be unique.

Archived