WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

I was the prediction fucking master tonight at my mates house. Sheamus to win, and Roadie and Jim to appear makes me the real Rumble winner. Great to see Khali again as well, but fucking hell he looked hurt. He was struggling to get up from his knee poor fucker. I love the "Anyone is eligible" thing. There was very few non names in there tonight, and they should keep at that every year.

I was gutted Kharma and Cole didn't tap off though.

Maybe my positivity is because it was the first time a friend of mine's fancied watching wrestling since about 2004, but it was a great time having an ale and guessing who'd be out and I really enjoyed it.

Also, I was the Rumble prediction fucking master. And Road Dogg's still the fucking man. ARMSTRONG!

Zack Ryder's ... he isn't anything special in the ring either.

Heartily disagree. He put on some total crackers with Christian, Tommy Dreamer and Dolph Ziggler over the past few years.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only seen the Rumble and Punk/Ziggler so far but that was depressing. The Rumble was like one long comedy spot for much of it - was trying to work out whether any of the same wrestlers were in the WM comedy battle royal years ago? Nothing seemed like it mattered. I like Sheamus but why waste Jericho's return in such a stupid illogical way that sets nothing up for him going forward. Essentially as of now the only WM angle or tease for an angle set up is Rock Cena and Punk vs Ace. Which says it all. Karma presumably was meant to keep Hunico up before dropping him - looked like he hurt his leg on the way down.

• Paid Members

I didn't see this but Road Dogg came back? I'll have to look that up on Youtube, always liked the D-O-Double G. What's Billy Gunn and X-Pac doing these days? Would a reunion work in 2012 or would it be shit? I've not seen them for ages.

I was so hoping for Billy Gunn to come out after Road Dogg! Shame it didn't happen. I was also expecting Goldust. I wasn't a fan of spots being wasted on Lawler and Cole, Booker i'd rather was in the ring than announcing so his entry was cool. I felt there was no point Ziggler going into the rumble, he looked a bit mid card being thrown around and chopped by Khali.

Best rumble moments for me and probably everyone else were Kharma returning, Kofi doing the handstand (im still not sure whether i prefered that or morrison last year) and Ricardo. I was actually happy to hear ADRs music but when that shitty car came out i couldnt stop laughing.

I wouldn't say it was a shit rumble, i'd say it was good. Just not very good. They really wanted to squash the #27 producing the most winners stat when they sent out Otunga.

Also i really enjoyed Punk vs Ziggler and i hope they find a way to keep Ziggler in the main event picture.

I enjoyed all of it, the WHC match should have went longer because we didn't need a divas match or a squash match. Rumble was fun. I called the final three with my mate but Jericho was my pick to win. Shemus is alright by me though. Looking forward to how Mania takes shape.

Some people have told me that the WHC match was meant to end with Big Show chokeslamming Bryan outside the ring. I think that might have messed him up a lot but i could tell that Show was trying his best to lift Bryan back up. I did actually say to my mate while watching the divas brawl outside that i wanted Kharma to come out and destroy all of them. Looks like we'll be getting that on her road to wrestlemania. My mate asked if she was still pregnant as Ziggler chucked her over the top rope, made me laugh as i dont think Vince would be that cruel to book it.

I don't know if anyone noticed but Cody Rhodes seemed to eliminate most of if not all the legends,which could set up a Cody Vs. The legends program going into mania or may even fuel the Cody Vs. Goldust angle

Did anyboday make a note of how many people he eliminated? I think it was shit loads!

I don't know if anyone noticed but Cody Rhodes seemed to eliminate most of if not all the legends,which could set up a Cody Vs. The legends program going into mania or may even fuel the Cody Vs. Goldust angle

Did anyboday make a note of how many people he eliminated? I think it was shit loads!

I know he eliminated Foley,Lawlor,Booker T and I think Duggan and Road Dogg although not certain on the last 2.wouldn't be surprised to see Cody come out on Raw and talk about how he eliminated all the legends on his own,maybe setting up something between him and Foley or someone similar

Archived