WWE Royal Rumble 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my prediction is:

dolph ziggler wins the title.

cm punk enters the rumble and wins it.

jericho wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber to set up Punk Vs. Jericho at Mania.

Orton win the SD Chamber to get the shot at the World title at Mania.

The favourite for the Rumble tonight is obv. Orton as it is in his 'hometown' but WWE like to spread the Rumble winners around and be unpredictable.

Second fav must be Punk. Then 3rd favourite is Jericho. He's likely to be in the title match at Mania and has never won it before but they are trying to turn him heel so winning the Rumble will not help things.

Mason Ryan should get a few eliminations.

Christian, Road Dogg, Duggan, Eugene, Booker T should get good reactions if they are used.

If Punk and Jericho does happen then fair enough that would work without the belt. I hope the US and IC feature at Wrestlemania this year instead of the pointless singles matches we were treated to last year.

I don't even think the IC belt was defended last year. What would you suggest they do for the titles?

For the IC belt there is a whole host of guys who could challenge for the IC title. They don't really need a strong storyline, just build up a strong mid card guy and create the illusion that he has Rhodes' number. Between now and mania, you could pick practically any midcard face and start building them up.

Personally I'm hoping for a Triple Threat match for the US title at Mania this year. To me this makes sense:

- Ryder returns and wants his US title back which he never fairly lost.

- Ziggler fails to capture the WWE title and expects Swagger to hand him back "his" US title, and his ego can't handle the concept of Swagger being the gold holder in his stable.

- Swagger wants to prove he is the better man in Vickie's stable.

It's a really straight forward fued, where each man illegitimately has a lot to gain from winning the match.

But sadly your probably right. Ryder will no doubt end up in a dark match, and Swagger / Ziggler will be stuck as MITB filler.

Pretty gutted upon discovering that you can't watch WWE PPVs on the WWE.com website in the UK any more. When did they start that moronic rule?

I guess I've got no choice but to look out for a good potentially illegal stream for tonight then. Way to combat piracy WWE!

Pretty gutted upon discovering that you can't watch WWE PPVs on the WWE.com website in the UK any more. When did they start that moronic rule?

I guess I've got no choice but to look out for a good potentially illegal stream for tonight then. Way to combat piracy WWE!

I applaud you for going down the legal route, but man, I bet it hurt the wallet. How much were they to stream?

I applaud you for going down the legal route, but man, I bet it hurt the wallet. How much were they to stream?

Last time I bought one was Wrestlemania, it was

Archived