UFC on Fox II

Adam619

Much better to use it to give Hardy an easy win against someone and rebuild him as the number 2 UK fighter/draw.

Surely there is no way they could make one of the coaches a guy who has lost his last four fights, and in all honesty, really should no longer be in the company?

They had Ken Shamrock once.

There is a huge difference between the UFC of 2006 and today. Additionally Shamrock was a pioneer, a legendary figure, a Hall of Famer, a former Champion, had legitimate heat with Ortiz and the subsequent numbers proved the decision was right to use him. I honestly can't see how Hardy can be 're-built' so to speak; the guy is just not good enough at the highest level. Doesn't mean there isn't a place for him in the UFC (I've used the example before, but see Paul Taylor), but it certainly isn't it main events and headlining cards. If the UFC want to establish a secondary British draw behind Bisping, they would be far wiser on trying to increase the profile of Ross Pearson.

I haven't seen much Korean MMA bar one Spirit MC show, but from that alone and having seen some Korean K-1 fighters, it is clear that there is plenty of untapped talent out there.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Much better to use it to give Hardy an easy win against someone and rebuild him as the number 2 UK fighter/draw.

Surely there is no way they could make one of the coaches a guy who has lost his last four fights, and in all honesty, really should no longer be in the company?

They had Ken Shamrock once.

Apples and Oranges. Think on.

I cannot stand Bisping, but he proved last night he is a top 5 Middleweight.

I had Sonnen winning 29-28 and Sonnen dominated the third more than either on of them dominated the first 2 rounds but he Bisping did a lot better than expected.

Rashad looked good, but it felt a bit underwelming when he did not finish Davis.

The Main Show was a bit dissapointing all round, but still we get Jones vs Rashad and Sonnen vs Silva now so I am fairly happy.

• Paid Members

Bisping did himself no harm at all, great performance from him, I had him winning 29-28, but in a fight that close after 2 rounds, that dominant 3rd round was gonna stay on the judges minds. I'm just glad we got the result. They've got a good 5 months of build going into Sonnen/Silva II, it should be great fun.

Can't argue that Bisping isn't at the top of the division, if Munoz is back quick enough I can see that happening next.

• Paid Members

yeh, that makes sense. Bisping's stock probably went up in the loss so going straight back into a no. 1 contenders fight makes complete sense to me. They can do it around June and set up the next challenger perfectly.

• Paid Members

I thought these Brazil/UK/Australia Ultimate Fighters are for local TV rather than the US? If so, you can get away with people who are on losing streaks/not contenders as judges.

If Sonnen's really smart, acknowledging the decision last night was controversial as whether he wins the title or not, he can definitely talk his way into a main event with Bisping on a UK show now. Obviously Bisping would need a win before getting a title shot.

This has just been posted on f4Wonline:

The complete ratings won't be available due to the issues with the West Coast not getting the show in prime time, but the show looks to have been a success.

It more than doubled every other show in Males 18-49 on network TV and a 4.4 million viewership number in three of the four time zones would indicate the final number being just slightly below that of the debut show. The number also wouldn't include the final 18 or so minutes of the show where the rating would be expected to be, if not the highest, near the highest.

Even though the show itself was not particularly good, there appears to have been good growth and more importantly, showed UFC on FOX with good matches and not having to put 500,000+ buy PPV matches on free TV, can do healthy numbers.

This was probably the most important rating for the long-term of the company since the early days on Spike, because it showed the debut, unlike the XFL, Celebrity Boxing, Elite XC and other shows that started huge but didn't last, was not a one-time novelty.

So all in all it looks like good news for the UFC's partnership with FOX!

• Paid Members

Not the best show for their outing on Network TV but the above seems to prove that it was a success which is all good. I had Bisping winning 29-28 but it is what it is. Sonnen/Silva 2 will be huge & this wont hurt Bisping at all. If he's fit, a Bisping-Munoz No1 contender's match in Manchester this summer would be massive.

If Anderson Silva faces the same Chael Sonnen in Brazil that Bisping just faced he'll make short work of him.

I've only just finished watching the show, because my Sky+ failed to record it, which really cunted me off. It was disappointing not to get a finish on the main card. Wiedman did well considering he took the fight on such short notice and he had obviously had a tough weight cut, but Maia looked shitty. It was even worse for Maia considering he had spent the past 6-8 weeks actually preparing to fight losing to a guy who had 11 days to prepare. Sonnen vs Bisping, wasn't a bad fight and Bisping did a good job of getting to his feet in the first 2 rounds, but that third round was all Sonnen. This was the fight that should have been the main event, mostly because I would have liked to see how the fight would have went into another 2 rounds.

Rashad v Davis was alright, Rashad was obviously in control a lot more, but Davis did well enough. Davis did a good job of escaping from the 2 mounted crucifixes, which are difficult to escape from if you don't know what you're doing. Saying that though even though Rashad got the mounted crucifixes, he didn't do anything afterwards. Once you've got someone gift wrapped or in a crucifix it's your time to stop him from escaping by pounding their skull in with punches and elbows from the top. Though I'm sure Davis will come back stronger from that fight, since he now knows what he's got to do to get himself into that upper echelon. Finally we'll get to see Jones v Rashad, though seeing how Rashad fought, Jones will moider him, but there's still a couple of months yet before that fight and a lot of time for Rashad to prepare.

Wont most of the hype for Jones-Rashad have been lost after Rashad's performance last night? Surely most people will now just believe that Jones is going to murder Rashad like he has everyone else. The "greatest threat to Jones" hype has all but disappeared from Rashad now, hasnt it?

I think Evans stock has slighting gone up. He proved he can handle some one of the same build as Jones (obviously not the reach, but similar) and he schooled him for 5 rounds straight and he did not look troubled once. Davis was undefeated and has beaten quite a few talented guys (Stann, Lil Nog and Gustafasson) and he didn't trouble Evans once.

I think a 5 round safe victory over Davis is more positive than say a quick 2 minute knock out which doesn't show Evans getting tested.

Don't get me wrong though, Jones is going to destroy him.

Archived