UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The most interesting thing (for me at least) about their rematch is that Silva has the psychological advantage. He's taken the best that

i disagree 100%, Silva may have won the fight but you know he's gotta remember being beaten up for 24minutes, if he'd missed that triangle he would have lost a very one sided decision, Silva's gotta be worrying that he aint gonna be able to stop that takedown. I say Sonnen has the psychological advantage in a big way.

i disagree 100%, Silva may have won the fight but you know he's gotta remember being beaten up for 24minutes, if he'd missed that triangle he would have lost a very one sided decision

As much as I like Sonnen, I think Mike is right here. He DIDN'T miss the triangle. He took everything Sonnen had to throw and still made him tap out. That had to feel good to him. While he is obviously worried about the same thing happening a second time, he probably has it in his mind now that, no matter what, he will still win.

Whilst Silva spent nearly all 5 rounds on his back, he still looked as fresh as a daisy in a the fifth round, if that's an injured Silva taking all those slaps and pops to the face, then Sonnen doesn't stand a chance against a near 100% Silva. I'm still looking forward to the fight to see if Sonnen will actually attempt a sub from the top, or will Silva just come out and batter Sonnen within 2 rounds.

I'll take Silva by first round KO, but I probably said that last time too.

I'll be having some of the 3/1 for Evans to beat Jones. I've been one of the people who's been saying for a while that Evans will be the man to beat Jones, of course I wouldn't be that surprised if I was wrong and I understand Jones being the favourite, but I still think those odds are pretty generous for Evans.

• Paid Members
The most interesting thing (for me at least) about their rematch is that Silva has the psychological advantage. He's taken the best that

i disagree 100%, Silva may have won the fight but you know he's gotta remember being beaten up for 24minutes, if he'd missed that triangle he would have lost a very one sided decision, Silva's gotta be worrying that he aint gonna be able to stop that takedown. I say Sonnen has the psychological advantage in a big way.

My point was that he didn't get beaten up. Yeah he was underneath for 5 rounds but sustained absolutely no (noticeable) damage from Sonnen, because Sonnen's G&P is weak. If Chael had effective G&P he wouldn't have won all his fights (barring Stann) by decision he'd have had the ref pulling him off his opponents.

Silva+cracked rib > Sonnen+PED's. That's got to be soul destroying for Chael whereas Anderson knows he'll be fit this time & Chael wont have any 'extra help'.

• Paid Members

yeh, but did Anderson really have a cracked rib? i'm under the impression that they played up on that to cover up the fact that Anderson was dominated...i might be wrong, but that's how i feel on the situation. I know know one enters a cage 100% but would Anderson Silva really go into a world title fight with a broken rib? i don't think so.

I also believe that Anderson doesn't want this fight, he might not have taken any noticeable damage but Anderson was grinded for 4 and a half rounds, it cannot have felt nice. I don't see how anyone can think Anderson is going to be happy about fighting Chael again, shit-talking or not Anderson knows that Chael can outmuscle him (not forgetting he dropped him a couple of times standing too). The difference between Chael Sonnen and a lot of other guys that fight Anderson is that he isn't afraid of him, Sonnen went in there and just imposed his will on Silva, and he wasn't afraid to take a shot to get his takedown (the same thing happened in the Bisping fight), a lot of guys are so petrified of what Silva's going to do that it fucks up their gameplan, Chael is the opposite and that's why he had success first time out, and that why he'll have success again.

• Paid Members
i disagree 100%, Silva may have won the fight but you know he's gotta remember being beaten up for 24minutes, if he'd missed that triangle he would have lost a very one sided decision

As much as I like Sonnen, I think Mike is right here. He DIDN'T miss the triangle. He took everything Sonnen had to throw and still made him tap out. That had to feel good to him. While he is obviously worried about the same thing happening a second time, he probably has it in his mind now that, no matter what, he will still win.

yeh, but what if he had? Sonnen lost because he got complacement, had he kept his wits about we'd been looking at a 50-45 scorecard. If Silva goes into the mindset that it doesn't matter if Chael can take him down cause he'll submit him, he could be in trouble.

As for the PED thing, only Chael knows how much that stuff affected his performance, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Paid Members
yeh, but did Anderson really have a cracked rib? i'm under the impression that they played up on that to cover up the fact that Anderson was dominated...i might be wrong, but that's how i feel on the situation. I know know one enters a cage 100% but would Anderson Silva really go into a world title fight with a broken rib? i don't think so.

Again, it says something when people think that Silva will need to make up an excuse for a fight he won when his opponent was found using PED's. You know as well as anyone that as soon as the UFC changed their health policy we saw loads of fighters pulling out of events that previously wouldn't have. Silva was already in Dana's bad books going into the Sonnen fight, pulling out can't have been an option.

I'm very confident that in this rematch Silva will show Sonnen up ala Okami.

• Paid Members

i agree, thing is...one of Silva's biggest advantages in the cage is that people are shit scared of him, intimidation plays a big factor in the way he fights, Yushin Okami was shitting his pants when he fought Silva, he was so afraid of Anderson that he froze out there. Chael was not intimidated, and Anderson did nothing in their first fight that makes me think Chael's gonna be intimidated this time, he simply walked through Silva's offence to get the fight where he wanted it. If Silva doesn't land a KO blow when Chael's coming in he's gonna end up on his back again eating elbows.

• Paid Members

Yeah I've always said I don't think Anderson can stop Sonnen taking him down. Sonnen's problem is he's too fucking wild, that's great for getting the takedown but in a dangerous guard that kind of wildness is very risky, He's been caught over and over again that way for years now, he doesn't seem to learn.

I do agree with Ebb's point on intimidation. Okami was visibly bricking it throughout that fight, One thing Sonnen never is is intimidated and it's sometimes to his detriment, it's led to overconfidence a few times in his career and he's lost fights he was winning.

I still see it going the same as last time myself. If Sonnen is smarter though he deffo has a great chance to win, at least a better chance than anyone else currently in the UFC's 185 division imo. We'll see but if Silva wins, which I think he will, I doubt it will be easy or quick. Sonnen's style will always be a struggle for him and I think it will probably take 3 or 4 rounds but I think he has the tools to submit him again for sure,

Archived