Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The quote seems like a complete wind-up.

He said: “I spotted the mask in store on 25 November 2016 when with my son, who obviously had no idea why I was so interested in the mask, I even asked his mother who was with us, to take a look.

“I said to her think of a serial killer, and showed her the mask, without hesitation, and in an instant she said ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’.

“The mask looks nothing like the actual WWE wrestler, and I have shown a close up the mask to friends and they all said ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’.

“I think if this mask was taken onto the streets, and people were asked what serial killer does this mask look like, I think most would name Peter Sutcliffe, The Yorkshire Ripper.

“I do feel it should be removed from sale as the resemblance is too close to that of the Ripper, and could upset those associated with the case.”

• Paid Members

If I didn't have a total clue who Roman Reigns was, I'd probably say Ripper too (if his bloody photo wasn't on the box), but I wouldn't be shouting about it to the rags. Have this strange feeling Mumzie would say Ripper.

ADDED: Showed her the pic and she said Ripper. What a woman.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Did you ask her "Which serial killer does this remind you of?" beforehand, like the bloke in the story did to his wife? Which pretty much narrows it down to Sutcliffe or nobody. It clearly doesn't look like Myra Hindley or Fred West.

• Paid Members

Did you ask her "Which serial killer does this remind you of?" beforehand, like the bloke in the story did to his wife? Which pretty much narrows it down to Sutcliffe or nobody. It clearly doesn't look like Myra Hindley or Fred West.

I used to have a t-shirt with Debbie Harry on it, I was refused service in a chippy once because the woman behind the counter thought it was Myra Hindley.

She laughed it off and sold me my supper after I explained.