Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I've said it before on here but would love Heyman to say something like "If you want to face my client Brock Lesnar, you will need to prove that you are the man you once was and repeat the streak' with a view of Goldberg having to do a streak again all the way to Mania if he is to face Brock Lesnar, then you could do the Braun Strowman somewhere around February almost as the last roadblock (if that is still the PPV? I have no idea). 

If you do that he 100% becomes Boo-berg by the time we get to Mania. Batista '14 all over again.

Wrestling is silly now.

^^This.   How do you do a streak with  Goldberg?  There isn't the time or the roster to properly recreate the original vibe.  

5 hours of WWE on TV every week and there isn't enough time? They could easily have Goldberg do streak matches for 3-4 months, I know the rosters could be on the short side but your looking at 16 wrestlers he would have to face. The idea may be shit but you cannot say there isn't enough talent or time to do it. 

I meant time as in weeks for the streak to take place.   The original streak was billed as 173, you aren't going to meaningfully evoke that in four months, unless you bring him out on Raw and Smackdown.  

Meltzer's saying on twitter that the local police have no report of a stabbing having taken place re: the ADR incident.

Conflicting reports are also stating Paige was there with ADR, which would have meant she could have contacted AAA's offices if Del Rio had been unable to. Previous reports did not indicate she was there.

thecubsfan luchablog also posted the following:

This week’s MLW Radio had a detailed recap of on the attack to Alberto Sunday. I summarized it here. As always, it’s best to listen to it yourself, about 26 minutes in.

The longer version of this story explains a few things that were unclear before, but there are things in the story that don’t quite add up to me. It’s explained Alberto didn’t contact AAA until the next morning because he lost his phone, but the report both has Alberto never getting that far away from his car (and phone?), and Alberto’s mentioned as wanting to charter a plane to Monterrey to make the show (but still couldn’t contact AAA?) Alberto is able to fight off and disarm a knife wielding maniac with his superior fighting skills, which is super hero stuff right there, but then maniac somehow just gets back in his car and leaves without anyone stopping him. There’s no details about attack or the car that hit Alberto, and there’s no news stories about this outside of the wrestling media that I can find. I know local newspapers are not in great shape, but Alberto is a celebrity who just got stabbed, an article about it would sell a few papers.

There could be great answers to all these questions, maybe things which just get confused in the trauma of the moment, and I’m not actually interested in playing CSI. Getting stabbed is not a good experience and I feel terrible for questioning the story of a person who got stabbed. The issue is, I had the feeling before that there’s parts of the story which aren’t being told and what I heard didn’t shake that feeling. (Somewhere in San Antonio, there should be a police report to clear this up – but one hasn’t been found. That’s concerning.)

At any rate, despite getting stabbed so hard that he could see his muscle come out of his arm, Alberto is planning to work his dates in the UK this weekend.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Theres also a story going about from the Mexican press that he/they were attacked by a "Homeless Man".

Looking forward to the "10 Syracuse thugs" version of the story.

Is he allowed to do signings and conventions? Would that be declaring yourself fit for work? Serious question.

Have a word with yourself. Does he now or has he at any time in the last 10 years looked fit for work? In your distasteful hypothetical scenario, partially dependent on which benefits he receives, he probably could do some declared, paid work. In his case what could that possibly involve? The guy's reclusive, emotionally constipated, not a talker & signing his name's probably about the best he can manage at this point. He's made no attempt to put himself out there. Quite the opposite. People have had to find him.