Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I seem to recall Goldberg doing the rounds on SMTV and him, Ant and Dec all having a bit of a pop at Steve Austin for being a miserable bastard. I can't imagine Austin at his paranoid boozy early-2000s worst being mad keen on dicking about with Dane Bowers and Atomic Kitten for an episode of Chums.

Unless I've imagined it they had him play a miniature toy drum set.

Edited by Tommy!

RI:SE had a bunch of wrestlers on around 2003-2004. That Mark Durden Smith guy spent the whole interview taking the piss out of wrestling then they had one of the bigger lads slam him on some mats to show him "how real it was". It all seemed rather set up then Shark Boy jumped off the desk and dropped a flying elbow right on his neck. That did not seem so set up and I remeber he seemed rather shook up and hurt calling for the advert break whilst Colin Murray laughed at him.

Can't find this on youtube. I'm sure it was TNA. Did they come over here that early? It was Shark Boy I'm sure and the other wrestlers were American.

The Bella's have gotten their own Total Divas spinoff show called Total Bella's.

The description actually sounds really entertaining. They say after Nikki had her surgery, Brie & Bryan moved in with Nikki and Cena - and drama follows.

Imagine someone telling you 10 years ago that John Cena & Bryan Danielson are going to be living together on a TV show.

• Paid Members

The worst ever combo was Jim Ross and Terri Runnels promoting Rebellion or whatever it was. Terri on kids TV with her tits flopping out and JR with his face on pause not in his cowboy hat. It had to be a piss take. They both came across as dull. Looked like an aging stripper dropping her Dad off before she goes to work.

• Paid Members

Can't find this on youtube. I'm sure it was TNA. Did they come over here that early? It was Shark Boy I'm sure and the other wrestlers were American.

Might have been WWA? TNA didn't come over until 2006 or so, and I don't think Shark Boy was on that tour either.

Might have been WWA? TNA didn't come over until 2006 or so, and I don't think Shark Boy was on that tour either.

Looking at wikipedia that makes sense time wise. I'm sure the other guys were Joe E Legend type guys. No big names.

• Paid Members

Before an IWW show in 2002, Justice Pain (CZW) was supposed to go on an Irish kids show called The Den to promote the show (the show also had Jake the Snake on it). He didn't turn up as he left CZW for XPW a few days before, and the only wrestler who was in the country at the right time the day before was some chick named Cleopatra. So they had to send her on and she was like a deer in the headlights.

Video actually get quite funny at the 5:10 mark:

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

WWE Smackdown mentioned in the latest OFCOM Complaints Broadcast Bulletin..

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb302/Issue_302.pdf

Page 23.

There's a lot of waffle. The jist is that WWE were found in breach of Rule 9.5 (below) of the Ofcom code for the constant advertising of live UK shows duruing a Smackdown TV show. The were found to not have breached Rule 9.4 because they were promoting something "programme-related".

Rule 9.4:

“Products, services and trade marks must not be promoted in programming”.

Rule 9.5:

“No undue prominence may be given in programming to a product, service or trade mark. Undue prominence may result from:

* the presence of, or reference to, a product, service or trade mark in programming where there is no editorial justification; or

* the manner in which a product, service or trade mark appears or is referred to in programming”.