Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators

Apparently legendary wrestling venue, the Fairfield Halls in Croydon, are closing.

Looks like the Halls are closing for two years due to a major refurbishment

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Croydon-Council-confirms-Fairfield-Halls-close/story-28814916-detail/story.html

It's much needed to be honest. I was in there over Christmas giving blood and it looking pretty tired these days; could really do with being revitalised.

I've never seen wrestling there, but I saw my first gig there. It was Joe Satriani; a wonderful Guitarwankfest.

Not sure if it's on here but the WWE top 10 earners list for 2015 has been published......

(1) John Cena – $9.5 million. (Full-Time)

(2) Brock Lesnar – $6.0 million. (Part-Time)

(3) Triple H – $2.8 million, which includes executive salary. (Part-Time wrestler, Full-Time TV character.)

(4) Randy Orton – $2.7 million, with a good downside guarantee while injured during the second-half of 2015. (Full-Time)

(5) Seth Rollins – $2.4 million, based on his WWE Title run putting him in TV, PPV, and house show main events. Rollins might have been higher if not injured the final two months of the year. (Full-Time)

(6) Roman Reigns – $2.1 million. (Like Rollins, a top star on the 52-weeks-per-year schedule.) (Full-Time)

(7) The Undertaker – $2.0 million. (Part-Time)

(8) Big Show – $1.5 million. (Legacy)

(9) Kane – $1.3 million. (Legacy)

(10) Dean Ambrose – $1.1 million. (Like Rollins & Reigns, a regular main-eventer on the 52-weeks-per-year schedule.) (Full-Time)

• Paid Members

I'm surprised at Triple H's relatively low earnings, all things considered. Only slightly more than Orton.

I would assume he has share options also which net him a nice dividend each year.

Kane made $1.3 million dollars? What did he even do last year? Had that brief run with Rollins but...wasn't he gone for ages? That a good chunk of cheddar, legacy deal or no.

Don't tell Carl. He'll be running for a bottle of the hard stuff and a gun.