Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I'd at least pay double the £9.99 if I'm honest. Just don't tell them. When I think of the amount I watch the premium stuff on my SKY package which currently costs me £114 a month then the Network is ten times the VFM.

I cannot believe anyone can justify paying that for TV! And to Rupert Murdoch. I left them about 3 years ago, went to BT, added some extra channels, Netflix and Amazon Prime and pay less then £40 a month. That is madness to me
I don't have an (legal) alternative. We're not in a BT area so we can't have Virgin or BT or take SKY broadband. I didn't actually realise until recently just how bad it was. Sky has been creeping up but I didn't realise it had hit £82 a month inc. HD. Add on another tenner for box protection that I don't even know why I pay for. Then BT Sports has gone up from £14.99 to £23.99 recently.

It needs cancelling. I'm just a lazy fucker. Alternative is to have nothing or a dodgy Kodi box or something.

I have full Sky package (including Movies, Sports & HD, with no half price offers or anything) and it's just recently gone up to just over £70 a month. Not sure why you'd be on £82 (unless you have Multiroom?)?

I don't have multiroom but my DD is £80 (not £82!) plus £9.99 for protection and £23.99 for BT. Wonder if I pay protection twice or something?

Anyway, it's getting cancelled. I'd say I'll threaten them but they just fuck me off!

I pay for two accounts because I forgot my log in details and can't be bothered to cancel one of them. I like to think I'm helping WWE out with that extra subscription when I see people go on about cancelling all the time

Well arn't you a saint

Single handedly Keeping the WWE going witht that extra tenner a month, thats helping them out big time wonder if they could of afforded to hire Cowboy Stadium without your help?

Do you have any concept of how much £10 is?

£10 to me is a fair amount It could buy me a few groceries and a couple days dinners but to WWE its absolutely nothing at all 

I'd at least pay double the £9.99 if I'm honest. Just don't tell them. When I think of the amount I watch the premium stuff on my SKY package which currently costs me £114 a month then the Network is ten times the VFM.

I cannot believe anyone can justify paying that for TV! And to Rupert Murdoch. I left them about 3 years ago, went to BT, added some extra channels, Netflix and Amazon Prime and pay less then £40 a month. That is madness to me
I don't have an (legal) alternative. We're not in a BT area so we can't have Virgin or BT or take SKY broadband. I didn't actually realise until recently just how bad it was. Sky has been creeping up but I didn't realise it had hit £82 a month inc. HD. Add on another tenner for box protection that I don't even know why I pay for. Then BT Sports has gone up from £14.99 to £23.99 recently.

It needs cancelling. I'm just a lazy fucker. Alternative is to have nothing or a dodgy Kodi box or something.

I have full Sky package (including Movies, Sports & HD, with no half price offers or anything) and it's just recently gone up to just over £70 a month. Not sure why you'd be on £82 (unless you have Multiroom?)?

I don't have multiroom but my DD is £80 (not £82!) plus £9.99 for protection and £23.99 for BT. Wonder if I pay protection twice or something?

Anyway, it's getting cancelled. I'd say I'll threaten them but they just fuck me off!

You should try. Every year I say I'll leave unless they keep me on 50% off and every year they agree. You should at least get a third off as a minimum.

50% off any TV Bundle for 12 months is pretty much a standard offer if you cancel these days.  Sometimes you can blag £100 bill credit too. But only if you actually go through with the cancellation.  But for some people going without Sky for a couple of days seems to be a nightmare. Rick you're fucking crazy to pay for their protection bullshit, if your Sky+HD box fucks up just tell them you're going to cancel and I'm sure they would quickly do something about it.

On the supporting the companies idea - I have a NJPWWorld subscription. My laptop has kicked the bucket so I'm stuck with getting the shows via a five finger discount to play on an Xbox thanks to them having no app for Xbox or download option. So, I've still paid for it because it was worth it and a good quality product.

Now however, the shows have largely become bollocks (to me anyway) and it seems like a waste of money. Think I'll give NWAClassics.com a crack for a while, even though nobody mentions it, possibly due to little to no bootlegging of it online.

A tenner might not seem like a lot of money, but it could be for somebody else. Without getting too preachy about it, if you have £120 to spare on a double subscription maybe you could make it do more than just paying for Fandango's catering.

• Paid Members

50% off any TV Bundle for 12 months is pretty much a standard offer if you cancel these days.  Sometimes you can blag £100 bill credit too. But only if you actually go through with the cancellation.  But for some people going without Sky for a couple of days seems to be a nightmare. Rick you're fucking crazy to pay for their protection bullshit, if your Sky+HD box fucks up just tell them you're going to cancel and I'm sure they would quickly do something about it.

Keep hearing that about the protect.

Thanks to this conversation, I've spoken to Sky, binned the protect, got sport and movies half price for 6 months and then got a tenner a month off BT sport for a year. Plus another £4 off HD for 6 months. So I'm £46 a month up for 6 months at least.

Sorry everyone has been bored with this off topic discussion . But thanks all.

• Paid Members

Threaten Sky for sure. Even if they don't take the bait during your call/live chat when you are cancelling, you have 30 days to change your mind. In that time Sky advisors will be all over you like hot bitches over UK KatVonD. They'll throw reductions at you left, right and centre.

I'm currently paying £80 a month, which includes their fibre broadband, phone line, HD, movies, sports and Sky Go Extra.

Sky Q looks pretty pointless to me. Just a long term OS sort of change I guess.

• Paid Members

I called Sky the on Tuesday to do abit of the old haggling and ended up with free Multiscreen until December and also 35% off my full bill until December. I felt like a real life adult when I hung up the phone.

When I split from my wife I cancelled sky as she didn't want it. Because I'd been a customer for about 15 years, I ended up with the free to air channels, unlimited broadband and a phone line for £27 a month. Or should I say she did.

I must have got one of the mardy bastards on the phone when I last tried to get a better deal from Sky. We wanted a more expensive package with them and asked if they could do away with the £50 installation fee since we're already existing customers but they said that we'd still have to pay it. There and then we gave our notice and cancelled our whole package, they didn't even try to retain us with a better deal or to meet half way. They thanked us and that was it.

Perhaps I just don't know how to haggle.