Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
If I'm remember correctly, the gas mask was a double handed choke bomb, but he would hook under the armpit and grabbing the face like a reverse full Nelson.

Basically. I typed this before I saw "replies added" ;

I saw him do The Gas Mask on one of the weekend shows. He stands face to face with the opponent and then applies what could loosely be described, I suppose, as an inverted full nelson - clasping his hands across the front of his opponent's face, as opposed to behind their neck if they were facing the other way - then elevates and slams them in a fashion similar to Ron Reis' shitty double-handed chokeslam job.

• Paid Members

I wonder how long the AJ/Jericho partnership will last? Was hoping it would be done next week but seems they've got themselves a shirt:

http://shop.wwe.com/search?q=Y2AJ

Oh no!! I mean, oh no because it's a shit t-shirt that you wouldn't be seen dead wearing outside an arena, but oh no, that means they'll be together at least more than a couple of weeks. PCB didn't even get a t-shirt.

I wonder how long the AJ/Jericho partnership will last? Was hoping it would be done next week but seems they've got themselves a shirt:http://shop.wwe.com/search?q=Y2AJ

Oh no!! I mean, oh no because it's a shit t-shirt that you wouldn't be seen dead wearing outside an arena, but oh no, that means they'll be together at least more than a couple of weeks. PCB didn't even get a t-shirt.

So you don't think "Breaking codes and taking risks" is a winning slogan then?!?!

• Paid Members

Some interesting stuff here from Chris Harrington on WWE financials for 2015 -

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/03/02/what-motivates-top-executives-in-wwe/

Triple H is one of 5 Executive Officers with Vince, Kevin Dunn and high ranking bods Michelle Wilson and George Barrios. Stephanie isn’t even listed, but is on the board of directors (which Triple H also is). He’s getting 3.1 million in salary and stock awards. The "performer" part of that is a 1 Million downside (Edit - Observer says his performer money added up to 1.7 million once you add his payments for appearances on TV). Kevin Dunn is taking home even more at almost 4.8 million.

Also interesting reading they have an incentive plan for the top brass where WWE Network growth and International growth are given much more weight than even TV Ratings. The UK looks a massive factor in their international revenue. Must be all that Sky money as well as the live events.

WWE International Revenue

•2015: $169.8 million with $75.7 million from the U.K.

•2014: $116.4 million with $40.5 million from the U.K.

•2013: $116.3 million with $36.0 million from the U.K.

Also worth noting, Shane McMahon has no agreement in a corporate role right now but is getting 120k as a performer for the Wrestlemania run. Edited by Benno