Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I'm thinking he may be involved with the Lesnar/Rollins match and we get Lesnar/Undertaker at SummerSlam.

Yup cause the Undertaker will be rushing to get back in the ring with the guy who hospitalised him, Taker was too old and decrepit 16 months ago to handle a Lesnar match, no way is he having another. Besides Lesnar isn't losing to a 50+ year old man who's on his way out, and Taker isn't losing to Lesnar twice in just over a year.

Fair enough, just a bit of wild fantasy booking.

I guess we shall see.

1-0 to Snitsky's back acne.

• Paid Members

According to the latest Observer, New Japan on AXS (year-old shows with English commentary added) are doing around 200,000 viewers. Amazing to compare that to TNA doing below 300,000 for some recent shows.

• Paid Members

Puff piece about Bryan Alvarez and Wrestling Observer Live- http://www.theheraldbusinessjournal.com/article/20150722/BIZ/150729970/1005/Pro-wrestling-fan-turned-radio-host-broadcasts-nationally-from-Bothell

Nothing particularly fascinating, but the video has clips of Alvarez wrestling Buddy Wayne (the best guest they ever had and a crying shame he isn't a regular any more though it's down to his health, I gather).

Edited by gmoney

Undertaker's advertised for the Mexico tour in October. Seems like a no-brainer to make one of the shows a network special. Day of the Deadman.

Hoping he ends up on the UK tour in November. Also wondering how long it will be before they try one of these network specials here.

• Paid Members

Except for Taker and and a appreance by the Rock who else could they being out to make one of these shows a "special"? Maybe if Hogans situation changes and he had match that would do it altough I have no intrest in watching that myself. Sting would work as well I reckon. After that what would there options be? I one off return for Hunter? Getting Foley back for match? RVD? Heath Slater?

Nah if it was possible for Hogan to have a match you'd want that in the biggest arena possible. With him it would all be about the spectacle of an arena full of fans losing their shit every time he throws a punch. It's too big for a special

I think we could get a Rock squash match if it lines up with him filming. Just have him batter Kofi for ten minutes

Day of the Deadman is a badass tag line

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Bryan was on the cheap heat podcast, and said he's been cleared to wrestle again by a doctor in Phoenix, but WWE doctors are reluctant to clear him. Said he has no doubt he'll wrestle again though. I'd say if WWE do let him wrestle again this will be his final run, can't see them bothering if he goes down injured again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=10116533

He had great matches and was extremely likeable, wasn't much to get really.

Pretty much this. Not to mention the best wrestler of the last decade by some distance. 

Punk is an arse, sloppy in the ring, and only got over as a main eventer by being allowed to do and say things else no one else could. Would happily never see him back.