Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Wrestlemania confirmed for Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium April 6th 2016

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/32/att-stadium-to-host-wrestlemania-32

att-stadium-section-453-view.jpg

Surely going for breaking Wrestlemania 3's 'record'. Apparently holds up 80,000 for Football, expands to 105,000 standing room

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Wrestlemania confirmed for Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium April 6th 2016

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/32/att-stadium-to-host-wrestlemania-32

att-stadium-section-453-view.jpg

Surely going for breaking Wrestlemania 3's 'record'. Apparently holds up 80,000 for Football, expands to 105,000 standing room

If they are looking to beat WM 3 then I reckon it would see the long rumoured return of Austin.

• Paid Members

They missed a trick not doing Cena vs Undertaker when the streak was alive. It's far less appealing now.

Less appealing but not unappealing. I think it'd have to be title vs. career or something now though. You're right about them missing a trick. Cena was the one guy who would genuinely have put the streak in jeopardy but didn't have to win.

Any Wrestlemania match with The Undertaker is far less appealing now. His wins and losses mean nothing.

True to us haggard bastards but I'm not sure it is to the whole audience. If they go with Bray Wyatt pulling off Undertaker's trick pyros, claiming he's the new phenom of WWE, maybe even doing the full entrance in a black coat only to reveal himself - I think that will have the people in arenas chomping at the bit to have him come back and kick Wyatt's arse.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

There's a part of me, even though the 93,000 is bollocks of course, that doesn't want the WM3 record broken. There's something romantic about Wrestlemania 3 and I still consider Hulk v Andre to be the biggest and most iconic match of all time. Of course, it has to happen sometime though.

As regards to the streak making another Undertaker match pointless, he's still a massive star though. The streak was what it was, but when did they even start referring to it? Must have been the mid 2000's at least.

Undertaker main evented WM13 (yeah, debateable I know as we all remember Bret v Austin now) and had high profile matches at WM14 when the streak wasn't the streak. 

Edited by garynysmon

As regards to the streak making another Undertaker match pointless, he's still a massive star though. The streak was what it was, but when did they even start referring to it? Must have been the mid 2000's at least.

Undertaker main evented WM13 (yeah, debateable I know as we all remember Bret v Austin now) and had high profile matches at WM14 when the streak wasn't the streak. 

WM21 for me against Randy Orton.