Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The latest 'reports' say he'll be back by Mania, but not Rumble.

Him being surprise 40 in the Rumble would be great in a callback to this year, but probably pointless if he didn't win it.

The surprise 30 or 40th man as it would be in 2015 has been done to death now though, I'd give it a good few years before they go down route again for anybody. 

It doesn't sound too good for Bryan really, I wouldn't be holding out hopes he returns in time for Mania either, if he does then great, but at the minute I'm not expecting him to be on the card TBH.

Him being surprise 40 in the Rumble would be great in a callback to this year, but probably pointless if he didn't win it.

The surprise 30 or 40th man as it would be in 2015 has been done to death now though, I'd give it a good few years before they go down route again for anybody.

It doesn't sound too good for Bryan really, I wouldn't be holding out hopes he returns in time for Mania either, if he does then great, but at the minute I'm not expecting him to be on the card TBH.

The suprise final entrant hasnt been done since Cena in 2008 (Edge was 29 in 2010).

The last entrant in the past few years has been shite.

2014- Rey

2013- Ryback

2012- Big Show

2011- Kane

I'd have bryan enter as surprise number 1. Twitter would explode. Have him break the record for longest rumble showing and win it all. Or have the authority screw him as the last man eliminated for extreme heat. Edited by Dash X

• Paid Members

Him being surprise 40 in the Rumble

(assuming the 2015 rumble is 40 entrants)

Is this just being discussed for shits and giggles, or has something broke that I've missed about it actually possibly being 40 again?

I really hope not. The Royal Rumble is 30 men. 30 is enough. If you're not important enough to be in the 30, you don't deserve to be in the Royal Rumble (excluding people in serious undercard matches). They wouldn't have had 40 in the 2011 Rumble, I don't think, if they hadn't have had about 10 essentially marginal guys running around as Punk and Barratt's foot soldiers in the least interesting stable rivalry for a decade. I might be in the minority, from what I remember, but the 2011 Rumble dragged for me from the moment Punk got eliminated to the moment Santino popped back into the ring, save the appearances of Booker T and Big Sexy Kev.

29 other superstars is big as well though. It's 10 more people, but I don't think anyone's going to think much more of them because of the extra ten than if they beat 29.

Yes, but nobody's ever beaten 39 before have they? A much better claim.

Del Rio has.